Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,
We have our first puppy, a nice 9 weeks Goldendoodle puppy, we love the puppy so much. We are new for the puppies life in Ontario Canada and we are looking for your recommendations if there is a need to have a health insurance for the new family member to avoid any sudden vet bill.If so, what is your recommendations for a good health insurance company with a low premium and good customer service. Thank you so much for any comment or support.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
I dk if CKC does same but AKC gives you 30 days free. Some breeders give 30 days Trupanion free. I dk health issues associated w doods in particular, but there are likely some, given that dood breeders don't often do full clearances for both breeds they are mixing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dk if CKC does same but AKC gives you 30 days free. Some breeders give 30 days Trupanion free. I dk health issues associated w doods in particular, but there are likely some, given that dood breeders don't often do full clearances for both breeds they are mixing.
Thank you for your comment, I got the puppy from a non registered breeder who gave me 14 days health warranty for her last puppy. I do not think that breeder is willing to do anything in the future and for that reason, I am looking for recommendations for a health insurance provider as a peace of mind.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
Looks like a doodle to me!

Well, since CKC doesn't deal in mixed breeds any more than AKC does, you prob should just do some research on the various companies- insurance is a good idea, particularly with a puppy whose parents likely have no health clearances.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like a doodle to me!

Well, since CKC doesn't deal in mixed breeds any more than AKC does, you prob should just do some research on the various companies- insurance is a good idea, particularly with a puppy whose parents likely have no health clearances.
Thank you for your feedback and What are the criteria to select a health insurance company for non registered puppies?

·
Super Moderator Leader
52,288 Posts
There are numerous threads discussing Pet Insurance, if you use the Forum's Search feature, you can find threads discussing them.

The type of coverage you're looking for will determine which Insurance plan and company you want to select.

Some companies have coverage for emergencies, illnesses such as cancer, some include Wellness plans.
The plan you select along with the deductible, will determine what your monthly premium is. Some companies have a limit as to the amount they will pay out in a given year.

Here are some articles you can read from various websites-

Should You Buy Pet Insurance? - Consumer Reports

Best Dog Insurance Providers of 2021 | BestMoney.com

Best Pet Insurance 2021 – Forbes Advisor

·
Registered
13,408 Posts
It doesn't matter if your puppy is registered or not - you can still get insurance. Definitely a smart thing to do with a doodle.

·
Registered
13,408 Posts
Thank you and you have any recommendations for a health insurance company.
I use and like Trupanion. But check out your options, do your research. My recommendation is always to make sure you have no incident or annual cap.

Reactions: ASH11231
1 - 11 of 11 Posts