Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I read the story a few days ago but actually watching it now just made me cry my eyes out. What a great dog.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
i was okay reading about it, but seeing her and them putting her on the table, really did me in. I hope we hear how she's doing. Wonder if you can send cards, etc. to the vet where she is? I'll have to investigate the vets in the town and see if she is there. will post any info i find.
beth, moose and angel

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
okay, found out that she is in chilliwack vet. hosp with a vet named jack anik commented on her condition. i think this is the vet. hosp. but i am not able to call (u.s.) so i wondered if anyone from canada could call and find out if she's there. have included the phone no. and the addy.

sardis animal hosp.
604-858-4415
By Fax: 604-858-6272

By Postal: Sardis Animal Hospital
7236 A Vedder Road, Chilliwack, B.C. V2R 5K7
Canada

thanx
beth, moose and angel

·
Registered
774 Posts
I would love to send a card to this dog and her family. I also was crying watching the video, what a wonderful gr she is.

Kris

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Between this video and the other posting of the SURFice dog, it's starting out as a tearful morning for me. Two wonderful stories.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm really praying hard that Angel makes a full recovery and am feeling sadder that they didn't take her immediately to the vet:(. She is a beautiful girl and deserves all the love that her family can give her when and if she recovers.

My, those cougars really can do some damage!! They don't seem really big but the biting force must be immense to fracture a dog's skull!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Looks like this Angel is going to be okay, here's info. from a local new source.

An 18-month-old golden retriever credited with saving a B.C. boy from a cougar underwent surgery Monday to recover from wounds suffered in the attack.
The dog, appropriately named Angel, suffered wounds to her face, neck and legs, and her eye, as she protected 11-year-old Austin Forman from the cougar outside their family home in Boston Bar, B.C.
The cougar was later shot dead by an RCMP officer.
Angel underwent surgery in Chilliwack, B.C., and her prognosis is considered good. She is expected to return home as soon as Tuesday.
"Golden retrievers are pretty stoic, they're loyal and faithful, and certainly this one has shown a lot of courage," veterinarian Dr. John Anvik told CTV British Columbia.
"She's absolutely a hero."
The incident was the second cougar encounter last week in the province. On Thursday, a seven-year-old boy in Danskin, in northern B.C., was attacked by a cougar.
His mother ran outside and managed to scare the cougar away.
The boy suffered head injuries but returned to school on Monday.

With files from CTV British Columbia's Julia Foy

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I watched this morning also, on the Today show. What a beautiful, brave girl she was, to stop the Cougar from attacking the boy. She truly is an "Angel"....her name well suits her. The boy said he has already gone to the store, and bought her a steak for when she comes home. Beautiful story of the love of this wonderful Golden.:smooch:

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
OMG proper bawling now! Must have been awful to hear your beloved pet whining and crying in fear and pain. They certainly gave that dog the right name. Hope she is ok.

·
Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
479 Posts
I just saw this story..... What an awesomely brave Golden Retriever!!!!!!!

Reminds me of the story of a few years ago where a WW2 veteran went outside and found his Golden Retriever being attacked by a mountain lion. The veteran ran back inside and grabbed a samurai sword he got in WW2 and ran back outside and beheaded the mountain lion.

Like Angel... the Golden had some wounds but survived!!!!

Here's a wish for a speedy recovery to Angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Susan
1,187 Posts
Thank for posting this. We watched it this AM. How fortunate that a Mountie was close by with a gun.

A cougar in our area killed a pygmy goat.

·
Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
479 Posts
Poor Angel... she looks like she is still a young pup. Glad she will be OK.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Oh my goodness. So aptly named! I'll keep her in my prayers this week as my Ori is injured himself. It's so wonderful to hear of stories like this. Being an animal love too though, I had to shed a tear and a prayer for the cougar. Violent and vicious perhaps, but didn't know any better.

Still, thank you so much for this story. I'm still in tears and I will certainly be sharing this story around! Such a brave, beautiful girl.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Bad kitty. Baaad kitty.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts