Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we are back from our 1st annual G.R.R.I.T.S.

WOW, what a great weekend. There were 23 golden's and 24 humans. Our "furkids" ages were 2 yrs to 12 yrs. They all got along so well.

It was great getting to meet the ones that I have talked to by email and meet the ones that heard about GRRITS by all the posting that I did to get the word out. We had people from Texas, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, Tennessee, New York and Florida.

Everywhere we went people would stop us and we would tell them why we were there and all about rescue.

The "Pooch Cruise" was a big hit and when you see the pictures you will see our parade to the dock.

Our GRRITS raffle raised $700.00.
$500.00 will go towards Canine Cancer Awareness Organization.
$200.00 will go towards Cedar Key's Trap, Neuter and Release program for the Wharf Kitties.

We have started looking at dates for next year. As soon as we have dates I will let you all know. Hope you can make the 2nd annual G.R.R.I.T.S.

Check out the pictures of all the "Golden Fun".....THE GRRITS GANG. I'm still waiting on more pics to post.
http://www.freewebs.com/grrits

PAWS UP!!!!!

Charlotte
MotherHen
Wilson & Rocky

·
Registered
613 Posts
Charlotte

It looks like everyone had a great time! Each time I view it on AOL.....my computer deceided to cut off. I got to see Karen....LOL.....In her viking costume. It did seem like that weekend went by very fast. Im glad you had a sucessful get toghther! What a great cause.

I wish we had something out in So. Cal. We hit the 100 degree mark today, tomorrow will be hotter. I have not been to the Huntington Dog Beach but I think this summer Im taking a drive to escape the heat. I heard it is a fun place.....but Im not sure about parking...

Desiree

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I was so mad that I had to miss this event. I had been looking forward to it for months and then found out we had to be at a VFW event where my husband was being sworn in. I will be there next year. It looks like it was a blast.

·
Supreme Member
4,621 Posts
That is wonderful. I would like to go. In the mean time, I plan on taking a cruise with my two Golden Retrievers and going back to Goldstock.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
MotherHen

MotherHen:

Glad that GRRITS was a success!

It sure sounds like a fun tim!!;):D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts