·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Murphy is 7 months old today.......
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Whiskers

Lola was not that impressed......
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Liver Tile flooring

She did perk up bit after sharing a piece of turkey bacon with him this morning. He should be going to the vet for a weigh-in this week.....I think he'll probably tip the scales a little over 50 lbs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Murphy is 7 months old today....... View attachment 886780

Lola was not that impressed...... View attachment 886781

She did perk up bit after sharing a piece of turkey bacon with him this morning. He should be going to the vet for a weigh-in this week.....I think he'll probably tip the scales a little over 50 lbs.
Murphy is 7 months old today....... View attachment 886780

Lola was not that impressed...... View attachment 886781

Pretty cute pups! Amazing how quickly they get big! Our pup (whose food intake we monitor by the ounce) turned 5 months yesterday and is 42 pounds. Can feel the ribs (not see them) but he is growing like a weed.
I think Lola needs a cake for putting up with a pup.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Murphy went to the vet for a weigh-in today and he's up to 54 wiggly lbs....yep, still with the wiggly lbs 'cause he just can't stand still on the scale. He has recently started being more of a chewer so we've put up the stuffies and other soft toys. We're sticking with things he can chew on but not chew up. He and Lola have been suggling a bit in the evenings lately.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Flooring Fawn
Dog Furniture Dog breed Carnivore Flooring
Dog Comfort Liver Wood Carnivore

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
My daughter came home from college this morning. When she got home, she and Murphy needed to run up to the school where my wife teaches and deliver......something. Apparently Murph chauffeured and I'm told he's a very safe driver....uses his turn signals and everything....... Car Vehicle Dog Motor vehicle Window
Car Vehicle Dog Vertebrate Hood

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Now for the rest of the story....when Murphy and my daughter went to school yesterday, they got to join my wife's 1st grade class on the playground for recess. I'm thinking this was a pre-planned "I need you to bring me something " kind of visit. Murphy also got to meet the 2nd grade class on the way back to the car(my wife's class from last year). My girls said he was very well-behaved and loved meeting all the kids.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...........
Brown Comfort Dog Wood Lamp

Lola was napping on the couch.........

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
I've seen multiple threads on the forum started by people who wanted a velcro dog to snuggle with and felt like the dog they ended up having was aloof or indifferent. I don't think we have that problem........
Dog Comfort Carnivore Dog breed Mammal
Dog Dog breed Comfort Carnivore Wood
Dog Carnivore Comfort Floor Liver
Dog Wood Carnivore Cabinetry Bookcase

They snuggle with us, they snuggle with each other.....we currently share our home with 2 of the snuggliest snugglers of snugglement that we have ever snuggled with.....

·
Registered
618 Posts
Golden retrievers are the cutest puppies…… then they turn into the largest snugglers of snugglement…. Whether you want them lying across your lap or not….whether you want them crushing your feet as they snore contently and you attempt to sleep around their sprawling mass.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
We've had 5 goldens. All 5 have been snugglers to some degree.....a perfect score, right? But these 2 are the snuggliest of the bunch. I love that they want to be with us and close to us. When you have dogs as companions, that's how it should be.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We've had 5 goldens. All 5 have been snugglers to some degree.....a perfect score, right? But these 2 are the snuggliest of the bunch. I love that they want to be with us and close to us. When you have dogs as companions, that's how it should be.
Trying to convince our son that carrying the 43 pound puppy is not such a great idea- as it really doesn’t work when they are 70lbs+
Dog Wood Cabinetry Floor Carnivore
Smile Picture frame Plant Shorts Wood

161 - 180 of 185 Posts