Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
It looks like they are well bonded already. I had to really look at the first picture to figure out what I was looking at. Rukie and his neighbor friend used to go under each other, lift the top dog off front or back legs and wheelbarrow across the yard. It was funny.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
That is funny....Charley was taller than Lo so she could do zoomies and run underneath him until she was 6 or 7 months old ....she might've tried a few times after she was too big to make it and I think that resulted in kind of the same thing.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Sometimes the puppies make us laugh but sometimes we have to laugh at ourselves because of things we do regarding the pups. Murphy has been having gastrointestinal issues and we've been consulting with our vet who decided to put him on a prescription diet and probiotic on Monday. He has been doing much better this week and last night after supper my wife took him out. She came back in and said "Murphy just pooped the biggest poop I've ever seen come out of a puppy! You've got to come see it!" I'm concerned that our neighbors will all think we're crazy because we went out in the front yard, wandered around for a while because she couldn't find it at first, and then bent down to inspect it. We've pretty much been doing this for 2 1/2 months now and it seems like it's becoming a habit. What's next? Is it gonna be like when you look up at the clouds and start seeing shapes?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sometimes the puppies make us laugh but sometimes we have to laugh at ourselves because of things we do regarding the pups. Murphy has been having gastrointestinal issues and we've been consulting with our vet who decided to put him on a prescription diet and probiotic on Monday. He has been doing much better this week and last night after supper my wife took him out. She came back in and said "Murphy just pooped the biggest poop I've ever seen come out of a puppy! You've got to come see it!" I'm concerned that our neighbors will all think we're crazy because we went out in the front yard, wandered around for a while because she couldn't find it at first, and then bent down to inspect it. We've pretty much been doing this for 2 1/2 months now and it seems like it's becoming a habit. What's next? Is it gonna be like when you look up at the clouds and start seeing shapes?
Oh my goodness, I can relate 1000%. Since we spent the first 3-months trying to get to the bottom of Archie's tummy upset, the consistency of his daily :poop: was always the topic of conversation! And because Archie has many adoring fans (friends and family), EVERYONE was talking about it 😂!

1-month ago, after numerous courses of Metro, changing to a chicken-free kibble and adding a probiotic, we finally had success! It lasted exactly 2-days shy of 1-month...and then he ate the flip-flop and we are back to square 1. All the hard work to tame his inflamed intestines and gut was wiped out by Old Navy 😫.
Here we go again...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Murphy has now been on his prescription diet for about a week so my wife took him in to hit the scales and he was up a little more than 3 lbs for the week and a total of about 38 lbs at 20 1/2 weeks. He's not looking quite so hollow on his sides ahead of his back legs but still nice and lean....much more energetic as well. I won't entertain with descriptions of his poop other than it's firm and well shaped now......although there WAS one that sorta looked like a rabbit eating lunch with a grizzly bear(just kidding). His big boy fur now stretches from the back of his neck to halfway down his tail and I'm excited to see what he'll look like as an adult. Don't want to rush things though, I'm really enjoying this little guy as a pup right now
Toy Floor Fawn Primate Road surface
Dog Working animal Carnivore Flooring Floor

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Murphy was 5 months old by the calendar on Friday and 21 wks on Saturday. He weighed in at 40 wiggly lbs last Wednesday so he seems to be on track as far as growth goes. We were sitting at the table this morning eating breakfast and he was laying upside down on the floor behind me. All of a sudden he barked so my wife looked over my shoulder and started laughing. He was barking at his tail ...he was trying to grab the tip of it and couldn't quite reach it so he he barked at it. Most mornings he lays on the kitchen floor and rolls over on his back, stretches and paws at the air....it looks like he's swimming across the floor doing the backstroke. He is also trying to take over my recliner.......
Dog Couch Furniture Comfort Carnivore
Dog Furniture Dog breed Comfort Couch

·
Registered
311 Posts
Murphy has now been on his prescription diet for about a week so my wife took him in to hit the scales and he was up a little more than 3 lbs for the week and a total of about 38 lbs at 20 1/2 weeks. He's not looking quite so hollow on his sides ahead of his back legs but still nice and lean....much more energetic as well. I won't entertain with descriptions of his poop other than it's firm and well shaped now......although there WAS one that sorta looked like a rabbit eating lunch with a grizzly bear(just kidding). His big boy fur now stretches from the back of his neck to halfway down his tail and I'm excited to see what he'll look like as an adult. Don't want to rush things though, I'm really enjoying this little guy as a pup right now View attachment 885210 View attachment 885211
What is that ring toy?? I'm having a really tough time finding something that Archie doesn't destroy in a matter of minutes!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
What is that ring toy?? I'm having a really tough time finding something that Archie doesn't destroy in a matter of minutes!!
That is a nylabone ring....we got it at petco but I'm sure chewy has it. We got the original one for Lola as a pup and she loved it. I think that is the 3rd or 4th one and she actually got it last Christmas.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Ok, last weekend my wife informed me that the operative word in Labor Day weekend was "Labor". Therefore, I was strongly encouraged to do some outdoor projects (trimming and lawn patching) that needed doing....and if I was good, she would let me start buying materials for the paver patio she wants me to build her. So, I did as suggested and got to work. A trip to Lowe's was called for on Monday afternoon and we decided to take Murphy with us. We put him in the truck and headed to Lowe's, a 30 minute ride. When we got there, I got him out of the truck. The truck is too high for the dogs to get in or out of by themselves so I have to lift them....I call that the furdog elevator. We were walking across the parking lot and Murphy decided to stop and pee. My wife thought it was OK to do in the parking lot and I was just glad he didn't go in my truck. When we got in the garden center, we almost couldn't get past the checkout line because everybody wanted to comment or pet him. When we got back to the topsoil and grass seed, he decided he needed to poop as well....so he did. My wife was embarrassed but I just went back up to the checkout, grabbed 2 bags, came back and scooped it up. I figured he's so cute if someone had seen it they would've thought the poor wittle puppy had to go poo poo, right? Anyway, we got what we needed and eventually headed out to the truck again after 2 employees and several other customers got to pet him. I'm pushing a cart loaded up with stuff just ahead of them and a couple were walking past me towards the store when all of a sudden the man says "Look at the puppy!" I watched a 50 year old man turn into an 8 yr old kid that quick.....it was great. I just love the way people react to him....because he makes me feel the same way.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Murphy went to college!! I told you guys he was really smart, right?........We loaded him up in the car to go visit his sister 2 hrs away on Sunday along with homemade spaghetti sauce, her favorite BBQ and several other things her mom put together in a care package. It was Murphy's longest car ride yet but he did pretty well, settling down on yhe back seat after a few minutes. When we arrived, my daughter, her boyfriend and another friend came running out of her townhouse to see him(not us). They did help us carry stuff in though.....Murph got to meet one of the roommates and her boyfriend and then spent 20 minutes or so exploring the place and jumping up on his sister's bed to attempt to chew on her bedspread. Then we decided it was time to go for lunch. We went to a place that served burgers and beer and had outside seating. They were very dog friendly. We had brought a water bowl and bottled water for Murphy and he was on his best behavior. I was really proud of him. He definitely attracted a lot of attention and I love the way he puts smiles on people's faces. After lunch we headed back to the townhouse for a few more minutes and then headed home. All in all, it was fun and exciting for Murphy..... but college sure can wear a fella out.....this was him on the ride home.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Vehicle Collar
Comfort Dog breed Carnivore Motor vehicle Dog

141 - 152 of 152 Posts