Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
We've been keeping Murphy close to home as well...Sunday was his first big outing. He's been out in the neighborhood and met some of the neighbors and been up to the local ice cream shop a couple of times. He doesn't seem to be bothered by any noises or commotion either....except the vacuum cleaner. He doesn't like it but he's not scared of it. That's a nice change of pace from Lola who is scared of t-storms and fireworks but could not care less about hunters shooting during the day....obviously we're in a rural community.
Being cautious with Darwin is understandable. Your neighbors' experiences would make us nervous too.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Murphy went to the vet for more shots and another look-see yesterday afternoon. He is 14.5 weeks and currently weighs in at 28.8 lbs. The vet said he looks and feels great when she runs her hands down his sides and that's what we thought as well. She made my wife take a photo of her holding him like a baby because she's afraid she won't be able to pick him up much longer. Everyone at the vet's had to ooh and aah over him....because he's just so stinkin' cute....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Murphy went to the vet for more shots and another look-see yesterday afternoon. He is 14.5 weeks and currently weighs in at 28.8 lbs. The vet said he looks and feels great when she runs her hands down his sides and that's what we thought as well. She made my wife take a photo of her holding him like a baby because she's afraid she won't be able to pick him up much longer. Everyone at the vet's had to ooh and aah over him....because he's just so stinkin' cute....
Darwin went in yesterday as well! :) He is weighing in at 20.6 so Murphy still has the weight advantage. The breeder asks owners to follow Hovan Slow-Grow, though, so he's on target for that. The vet thinks he's just slightly too thin, but the Slow-Grow plan actually warns that most vets aren't used to seeing a Golden Retriever pup that isn't roly-poly so that reaction is not uncommon.

I am SO curious where Murphy and Darwin will top out given their weight difference now. If he weren't super antsy right now (he just finished breakfast and is CONVINCED there is more somewhere) I would measure him floor up to see if we can compare heights. Maybe I'll do that later. :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Let me know....we haven't actually measured Murphy for height yet either. I think Darwin looks good in the photos you've posted but I'm sure you've read about running your hands down his sides and just feeling his ribs without any pressure but not seeing them, also looking down from above he should have a visible waist....anyway, leaner is better.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Let me know....we haven't actually measured Murphy for height yet either. I think Darwin looks good in the photos you've posted but I'm sure you've read about running your hands down his sides and just feeling his ribs without any pressure but not seeing them, also looking down from above he should have a visible waist....anyway, leaner is better.
Yep! That's why I'm so curious about height, because ten pounds is a pretty big difference, but it's not like Murphy is pudgy or anything, and Darwin isn't super thin!

Is Murphy starting to shed out his puppy coat yet? I think Darwin might be starting. My shirts are now 25% Golden "Glitter", 50% cat hair and 25% actual shirt. ;)

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Murphy is so cute. I loved the fireflies story. I just saw some in our yard in Columbia, SC a couple of weeks ago and I can’t tell you how long it’s been since I’ve seen any. It brought back happy childhood memories.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Thanks. That's the thing....we've seen them so many times it's no big deal but then we see them with a puppy or your grands for instance and it make it all special again.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Also, the containers and weird chair in the corner are taking up space waiting to go back to college with my daughter.....

101 - 120 of 139 Posts