Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Wow! There should be no doubt but that our dogs will protect us from harm if they can, and even save our lives. I'm so glad Angel is okay, she deserves some pretty special treatment from here on out. GReat dog!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
What an amazing dog. I hope they spoil her for the rest of her life.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
I JUST saw this on the news! I screamed when I saw Angel - "She has a zipper nose!!!!" Such a nice story...

ETA: The Global news piece didn't have the picture/video of the zipper, I'll try to find something from the CTV broadcast I just saw

·
Registered
810 Posts
"She spent Sunday nursing her injuries and was scheduled to see a vet on Monday?!!"

Does this make anyone else's blood boil?! :mad: She just saved your life and you couldn't be bothered to finding a vet to take her to that day?!

Heartwarming story, until you get to that point. I hope she'll be ok!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
"She spent Sunday nursing her injuries and was scheduled to see a vet on Monday?!!"

Does this make anyone else's blood boil?! :mad: She just saved your life and you couldn't be bothered to finding a vet to take her to that day?!

That was my immediate thought, I would have wrapped that dog up and rushed her to the nearest ER vet...!

None the less, she did a very brave thing, and I'm sure her family will be eternally greatful for what she did.

What an amazing story!!

·
Registered
4 Posts

In defense of Angels owners, the town that this took place in is very very small, and the chances of getting her to a vet quickly would be slim to none.

but an incredible story none the less! Way to go Angel! I hope she recovers quickly :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
In defense of Angels owners, the town that this took place in is very very small, and the chances of getting her to a vet quickly would be slim to none.

but an incredible story none the less! Way to go Angel! I hope she recovers quickly :)
Small yes, but Chilliwack isn't that far away. An hour and a half?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Actually Hope is closer yet, and yes they have a vet there, although I think that this occurred in the evening and it would probably be closed by then.

I'm bothered by this story a bit as well... I'm I right that this little angel lives outside? When I lived in Hope, I had a cat that was inside and outside... we lost her to a coyote. Pets in those parts should absolutely be inside pets.

·
Registered
306 Posts

yeah, kinda made my heart sink.

good story though.

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
Wow! What an incredible dog. That's one lucky little boy to be blessed with such a companion.

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
I'm pretty sure no matter where you are there is a vet on call, so it's kind of sad they couldn't find one till Monday (I'm sure the RCMP would have that kind of contact info). And, like it or not, if a cougar was attacking one of my dogs I'd call 911 while finding whatever I could to go fight off the cat, not wait for the police to arrive.. but that's just me. Good story anyway and so glad she's going to be ok.

Lana

·
Super Moderator
4,427 Posts
Angel had surgery today in Chilliwack and is expected to make a full recovery and be home tomorrow. According to the news reports, the family is being contacted by numerous television programs including the Today Show and Inside Edition and a British show so Angel will be even more famous!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts