Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been on a waiting list for a puppy for 8-9 months with a very good breeder. My husband started feeling a little frusterated that it has been taking so long, so we contacted another breeder this week asking if they had any litters and we told this other breeder we were on a waiting list with this other breeder. Is it a no, no thing to do to tell one breeder you are on a waitlist with another specific breeder (by name)? I don't want to offend the breeder we've been on the waitlist with. I'm just feeling frustrated with how difficult puppy searching is. I just want a lovely healthy dog, I'm a wonderful lifelong golden retriever owner and just wish I didn't have to feel like I have to tip toe around :(

Any other reputable breeders in either MN or WI that people could recommend? I want full health clearances for eye, heart, elbow, hips to be done on the parents. Thank you all for your help. I've been lurking on the site for awhile and finally decided to make an account.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
This is a difficult question. It really depends on the breeder. I personally don’t care if puppy people make it clear they are searching for a puppy. I am happy to refer them on if there is another breeder with a suitable litter. I will say not all breeders are okay with continued shopping.

Some are interested in buyers that want a puppy specifically from them, not whatever puppy is available soonest. It really depends on the breeder(s) involved.

The world of reputable breeders is very small. It is likely that the breeders involved know each other and may share what families they a currently working with. Have you thought about approaching your breeder to see if they might be receptive to helping you find a puppy from another of their peer breeders?

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
Minnesota Golden Retriever Breeder | Golden Retriever Puppies for Sale | MN Hunting Dogs

I'm in Mn. I was looking around before I got mine from RAGOM. I was going to get one from here, it was a bit weird calling her on the phone for info but she was very nice. Not sure about all of your health clearances you are wanting though. Give her a call.

Here is another one. Litters - Sharptail Ridge Golden Retrievers
I would avoid both these breeders- the first one breeds doodles and there is no way to determine clearances and clearances are super spotty on the second one. A case where you would be better off going w the list earlier in this thread, these two might not get you what you are looking for.

·
Registered
13,083 Posts
I love my Wisconsin breeder, Four Lakes, but, as far as I know, she won't be breeding again til next year. If you are willing to wait... she's worth the wait.

Reactions: lillydogs5

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Judy Super of Westmarch Golden Retrievers and Paula Ellis in the Minneapolis area recently had a litter with a lot of boys and only 2 girls. With so many boys, there might be one available.

Judy is on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/judy.super.9
Do you know if they have a email address or website? I think I found them, but it looks to be old. Should I be reaching out via facebook?
Thank you :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love my Wisconsin breeder, Four Lakes, but, as far as I know, she won't be breeding again til next year. If you are willing to wait... she's worth the wait.
Thank you, I just looked them up. They just had a litter and all are claimed, so nothing until summer 2019 it says :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts