Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I am looking for a puppy from a reputable breeder in Northern California but not able to have luck to get one from last one year. Can someone suggest me with some breeders that would be having litters in upcoming months. Also, I can travel to Southern California too if there are chances of getting a good puppy there.

·
Registered
Finn
250 Posts
A good place to start is finding a local golden retriever club- search 'golden retriever club near me' and you'll often find a club in your area. These clubs usually either have a breeder list or a breeder referral page with someone for you to contact. These are very helpful in finding breeders.

Reactions: ap13

·
Registered
356 Posts
When I was looking for Archie, now 7-months old, I used the search bar and entered California breeders, Northern California breeders and Southern California breeders. I found some wonderful folks, but no luck with any pups. I then broadened my search to include Oregon and Washington. Found our guy in Bellingham WA! We flew to Seattle, rented a car and drove 2-hours to Bellingham, then reversed it to come home. My husby and I both went, so entire trip was super easy! Our only stress was self imposed due to the unknown.
Good Luck!,

Reactions: ap13

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reach out to the NorCal Golden Retriever Club.
I tried to get on the list of some members of nor cal club but had no luck in getting a pup. Either they have do not have litter available or reserved already or they are looking for an experience dog owner that can show their puppy in a show. I use to own a dog years ago but I am trying to have my first dog in US but being a first time owner and not having experience in showing dog competitions is what I believe is making breeders to not choose me from the list. I am trying to find one from more than a year and has contacted over 30+ breeders but still had no luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts