Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
i have a golden retriever male he isn't but 8 months old but i am looking for a female to bred him with, when he is old enough. He is a beautiful creme colored golden retriever 8 months old and all ready 60 lbs. His mom was a red golden and his dad a white. He is registed and is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Please join your local Golden Retriever club as well as the Golden Retriever Club of America to become familiar with the code of ethics for breeding goldens! Your dog needs hip, elbow heart, and eye clearances on www.OFFA.org at the minimum, and needs to be 2. You should participate with your dog in Obedience, field work, the show ring. . . venues that show others evaluate the dog as sound enough in mind and body to contribute to the breed overall.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Please join your local Golden Retriever club as well as the Golden Retriever Club of America to become familiar with the code of ethics for breeding goldens! Your dog needs hip, elbow heart, and eye clearances on www.OFFA.org at the minimum, and needs to be 2. You should participate with your dog in Obedience, field work, the show ring. . . venues that show others evaluate the dog as sound enough in mind and body to contribute to the breed overall.
AGREE!! Beauty is only skin deep, he needs those clearances. Here is the local obedience club web site www.birminghamobedience.com There is also the Birmingham Kennel Club. Both clubs have lots of Golden members and follow the GRCA code of ethics. Come join us!!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

One more thing, there isn't a breeder worth a grain of salt who would breed their bitch to a stud who didn't have those clearances AND those in his pedigree.

Reactions: Gwen

·
Administrator
16,476 Posts
BARBARA MONTANO, Sorry but I had to remove your contact information as we do not allow stud or breeding services on here. However I am leaving this post as it does, and may contain more great information for you to use to better help you in the future.

4. GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members are not to engage in spamming or any advertising without permission. – Unsolicited advertising which will also include links to sales oriented websites. This applies not only to the body of a posting but also to signatures, titles, PMs, emails through the website, etc. No advertising for any kind of breeding or stud services will be allowed as well. Announcements of new litters of puppies by forum members and accompanying pictures are considered the sharing of joyfulness… except when it’s taken to the point of becoming excessive and overwhelming with the obvious intention of ‘trolling’ for puppy buyers. The two points to be emphasized with this rule are the unsolicited nature of the advertisements and that it is done without prior permission.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I can't tell if she is trying to stud the boy out... or if she is trying to buy a bitch to breed to him....

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
clearances are just the beginning....what is your boy bringing to the Golden Retriever breed other then his beauty and registration papers?

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
I think she wants to put him at stud, otherwise she wouldn't need to mention his good looks.

btw, I've yet to see a Golden who wasn't beautiful so it means nothing that he is gorgeous. It's all in the clearances. But, I'll bet someone is pm'ing her and he'll have a litter on the ground by the time he's a year old.:(:banghead:

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
It is cheating to breed an underage dog with no clearances: cheating the puppies themselves out of the best chance for wonderful health, cheating the future owners. . .

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
she says
I am looking for a female to bred him with when he is old enough
which leads me to believe she is looking for a girl... I think it can be read both ways... going on about his good looks as just a reason she wants a girl to "bred" him with...

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I took it that she is interested in studding him out. Most liekly she has seen the prices that some goldens go for and she thinks she can make a buck.

I really hope that she actually joins the forum and learns all about proper breeding.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I took it that she is interested in studding him out. Most liekly she has seen the prices that some goldens go for and she thinks she can make a buck.

I really hope that she actually joins the forum and learns all about proper breeding.
thats how I originally read it as well and then when I re-read it... I realized that it could be read either way... depending on where you put the punctuation...

not that it matters the end result is the same... poorly bred puppies to make a buck for the irresponsible breeder .

·
Davina
392 Posts
This post makes me sad. 1. that someone would come to this forum just to spam their poor young pup out to make a buck. and 2. that someone looking for a good best friend for ever starting with a puppy GR is going to end up with one of this persons puppies that may be filled with health problems.
But hey the pups are papered and beautiful right?!?! <----(sarcastic) UHG

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Shalva you forgot to mention heartache to the owner of those pups if they dont have decent health. I know that even with clearances you can have a pup that isnt healthy but the chances are MUCH less. I feel bad for people that dont realize that not every breeder nows what they are doing.

·
Shoregold
670 Posts
Be nice, everybody. People aren't always aware of what constitutes good breeding practices. It's not like she's saying she's already bred this dog, so give her a chance to get educated and make a good choice. I think the likelihood of that is higher if folks are positive.

Yes, give her reason to keep reading to educate about proper breeding. Help her learn about good health and what it really takes beyond the pretty dog to do it right. She is asking questions not telling us about the poor sad puppies that would be produced from and underaged, unhealthy litter.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I didnt see any posts that were not nice...no one was harsh or anything. Like I stated in my early post I hope she joins! This is a great place to learn and asks questions but mosy important I hope she SHOWS us pictures of her boy.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Be nice, everybody. People aren't always aware of what constitutes good breeding practices. It's not like she's saying she's already bred this dog, so give her a chance to get educated and make a good choice. I think the likelihood of that is higher if folks are positive.
I was just coming in here to caution members in their speech. The op has already taken the first step here in asking about a bitch, but she also hopefully will learn more about the proper ways of breeding. She's obviously interested in learning more or she would have bought a girl already to breed with.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
I didnt see any posts that were not nice...no one was harsh or anything. Like I stated in my early post I hope she joins! This is a great place to learn and asks questions but mosy important I hope she SHOWS us pictures of her boy.
Nobody was awful or anything, but I sensed some frustration in the thread and decided to say something before anybody wrote an unkind post.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts