Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I am new to this forum and am wondering if anyone could help me out with some information. My husband and I are living on St Maarten, an island in the Caribbean. It's a lovely place to live but unfortunately has no reputable breeders. We are looking for a Golden Retriever puppy to join our family. On the island there is only one place for puppies and they get their puppies from a "puppy agent" in the US. We do not want to support puppy mills and are very concerned about getting a well bred, healthy puppy. Does anyone know reputable breeders that would not have a problem shipping a puppy on a direct flight to St Maarten. Thank you for your help.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I want to welcome you to the forum but unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question. Perhaps some of our Florida members can be of assistance.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

Is there anyway you could fly to a breeder in Florida to meet them and the puppys? Then get your pick and fly back. There are several great breeders here in the state.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Sorry I'm pretty far from St. Maarten but I'll give the thread a bump in hopes that another Floridonian :))) could help you out! I'm happy to hear you will not support the puppy mills or "agency"! Good for you :)

IMO, I don't see why a breeder wouldn't ship on a direct flight to the island... many breeders ship all the way across Canada. It sounds like it would just be a matter of finding a breeder that you can trust and that will trust you too. A couple of long, detailed phone conversations or a visit in person may be required though.

·
Chloe and Cedar's Mom
718 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. St Maarten is a beautiful place. I just went there in February and happened to get engaged. lol so its a special place for me.
Some breeders will ship on a direct flight. It may cost you a bit to do it, but its worth looking into.
I noticed St Maarten has a lot of strays, and everyone kinda lets there dogs roam the island.. lol Most dogs looked like mixes that I saw..
Such a beautiful place though. I hope you find someone that will ship to you. Im sure your golden would have a wonderful time enjoying the warm water and beaches!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts