Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Phoebe's Dad
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you read any about Goldens? I dont mean info books I mean books involving Goldens.

I read Dean Koontz memoir to his Golden named Trixie.

I made the mistake of finishing the book at work in my office and I was sobbing like a baby. Not a man thing to do but I dont care! lol

I really want to read the book "Until Tuesday" about a Golden Retriever therapy dog who lives with a former army man who suffered PTS from Iraq and was shot and was contiplating suicide.

He wrote the book about how the dog (named Tuesday) saved his life.

If anyone has read this book could you please reply to this and let me know what you thought of it?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ryley gave my wife, Dean Koontz's book "A Big Little Life" about his GR Trixie, for Christmas. I've heard good things about it and I've always been a big fan of Dean Koontz.
One of my favorite Dean Koontz novels is "Watchers" which has as a main character, a Golden Retriever named Einstein - A genetically altered golden retriever, created in a top-secret government lab, that has acquired a level of intelligence rivaling that of some human beings.

·
gone
1,443 Posts
Oh, I just can't read books on dogs, or watch movies. I try now and then but end up so very emotional that I have now had to swear off on all material to do with dog stories.

I watched Marly and Me a couple of weeks ago and was a basketcase, I started reading a book online about a dog's life and just couldn't finish it after the first few chapters.

I did some searching to find the title of the book I couldn't finish and found this site of top ten dog books....

Summer Reading: Top Ten Favorite Dog Books | City Dog / Country Dog by Eardog Productions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts