Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 11 month old Golden took out laptop number 2 today. Grrrrr...... The first one he took out in April while it was on a side table in the living room. This one he knocked out my hands down the stairs to the middle landing. I was caring the laptop downstairs and the cord was attached to the laptop and I had the plug in my hand which made a loop and sure enough his head found the loop while he was plummeting down the stairs.

He knows he did something wrong when I yelled skyward about it. I could not even look at him for several hours. I will give him credit though he has been the best behaved golden since the accident. I guess the steam coming out of my ears was the sign he was looking for to behave.

I had the same feeling when my son wrecked his second car.........

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife thinks it is Sir Isaac Newtons fault..........Now How do I get this covered under manufacturers warranty .........

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
oh dear......

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Do you have a DELL?

My daughter sat on her laptop breaking it. When I called Dell to have it fixed, they told me I can upgrade my warranty to cover accidents, they specifically said if somebody sits on it, which I did not even that was how it broke.

I upgraded and extended the warranty, and in a couple days, somebody was at our house and fixed it in ten minutes.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking at that last night. It is still covered under the warranty but for $ 69 I can upgrade to accidental coverage. I think this is right solution.

·
Registered
699 Posts
You might try SquareTrade.com. Their warrantees are fairly inexpensive and cover things like dropping and water damage. With my track record for dropping expensive items in the toilet, I now get warrantees on all electronic gadgets.

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
I always buy "stupid insurance" on laptops - our company does too - so the partner pouring 48 ounces of slushie into her keyboard - yeah you're covered. Dog hair sucked into the fan and causing laptop to overheat and blow up - yeah - covered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts