Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help spread the word: If Anyone Has any tips or leads which might be relevant, pleaes contact animal control authorities at 301-600-1544.

Also, GoldHeart Golden Retriever Rescue is setting up a fund
to offer a reward in catching the person who did this to Heidi. If anyone is interested you can send a check to GoldHeart Golden Retriever Rescue and put Heidi's name on check. The address is P.O. Box 522, Owings Mills, MD 21117

Puppy Shot, Killed in Maryland | NBC4 Washington

·
Phoebe's Dad
99 Posts
That is absolutely disgusting.

In addition to being prosecuted to the full extent of the law, I hope they are ordered to undergo psychiatric testing because no sane person on this earth would ever commit such a horrible and sickening crime.

I am absolutely disgusted and litteraly sick to my stomach

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
This is very heartbreaking....equally disgusting is a comment by someone named Troy Mclure in the comment section just below the article:mad:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
This is horrible. I hope they catch whoever did this. People are sick.

·
Golden Girl
6 Posts
As a Law Abiding gun owner, this sort of thing really pisses me off.

I hope they are able to get the necessary forensics to nail the ******* to the wall.

Preferably by the Testicles.
I have to agree with you. What the hell is wrong with people to where they have to shoot a dog. A 7 month old golden at that. I could see it if the dog was a threat and going to do some damage. But a 7 month old golden...come on.

And whats even worse is it's not like it was an hunting accident but they shot the poor thing time and time again. What an ***hole:mad::new (4)::new (7):!

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
And whats even worse is it's not like it was an hunting accident but they shot the poor thing time and time again. What an ***hole:mad::new (4)::new (7):!

And, even if it was a hunting accident, they were trespassing on this lady's farm, so, they shouldn't have even been there to hunt in the first place...there was literally no reason for these people to be on the property near the dogs.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
My first rescue was a very senior golden - white up to his eyes. I found him at my fishing hole.

After numerous episodes of unkown hugely high(>30,000) white blood cell counts and very high fever (even causing convulsions the last time) my vet did x-rays to see if he could find out the cause.

Tramp had previously been shot from head to tail and there were pellets throughout his body. His heart was enlarged from pumping more oxygen to his lungs which also had pellets in them. He was my first dog in over 15 years and I thought the lumps I felt were tick bites since he was full of ticks when I found him. Forgive his clothes. He was my first dog in a long time and I was an idiot:doh: and didn't want him to be cold.

Some people are awful.:(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I think what affects me more is the fact that I can see a 7 1/2 month old golden going over to a stranger, wagging it's tail and butt and wanting to be petted or talked to, and then getting shot 3 times. God help the family and God help the person who did it, because they need help.
beth, moose and angel

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can not print what I think..but I hope they get whats coming to them and they will. any one who does this to any living thing. May that puppy be at peace, and their owner know we feel their pain.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Anyone who would shoot a puppy on its own property who posed no threat to him/her needs to be locked away for a long time, maybe forever. I'm usually pretty liberal when it comes to crime and punishment, but someone like this is a danger to everyone. It's pretty straight forward just being a psychopath, because there's no real purpose to it. That sounds like someone who will one day do to it to a human.

I'd actually be less worried about some people who shot and killed someone in a drug deal gone bad or because they were attempting to rob someone and got into a tussle or something. At least with a person like that, they weren't setting out just to kill a random person or animal just for the hell of it, and given some time, they might rehabilitate themselves and it's possible the situation might never occur again. With someone who just randomly shoots puppies, though, that's someone who gets kicks from killing and is probably always going to be a danger to pretty much everyone. Like that's potential future serial killer type stuff there.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
This makes me murderously angry. I wish I was a voodoo witch and I would send everything to the person who did this.

A shooting accident? I don't think so!! One shot... perhaps! but shot 3 times!!! This is someone who is sick and deserves the same punishment.

They need help!! Help to leave this world!!... painfully!!!

Reactions: GoldensGirl

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Anyone who would shoot a puppy on its own property who posed no threat to him/her needs to be locked away for a long time, maybe forever. I'm usually pretty liberal when it comes to crime and punishment, but someone like this is a danger to everyone. It's pretty straight forward just being a psychopath, because there's no real purpose to it. That sounds like someone who will one day do to it to a human.

I'd actually be less worried about some people who shot and killed someone in a drug deal gone bad or because they were attempting to rob someone and got into a tussle or something. At least with a person like that, they weren't setting out just to kill a random person or animal just for the hell of it, and given some time, they might rehabilitate themselves and it's possible the situation might never occur again. With someone who just randomly shoots puppies, though, that's someone who gets kicks from killing and is probably always going to be a danger to pretty much everyone. Like that's potential future serial killer type stuff there.
My mom always says "If they'll do it to something as innocent as a dog, you'd better believe they will do it to a person."

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
I think what affects me more is the fact that I can see a 7 1/2 month old golden going over to a stranger, wagging it's tail and butt and wanting to be petted or talked to, and then getting shot 3 times. God help the family and God help the person who did it, because they need help.
beth, moose and angel
You are a kinder, gentler person than I am. The only help I want to give whoever did this is a one-way ticket straight to eternal hell. And I don't even believe in hell!

I suspect that somewhere in this is a sadistic abuser who was trying to send someone a message. Or maybe this is Michael Vick and that kind in action again.

The only news story that makes me sadder or more angry is another one in this area: a grandmother deliberately dropped her two-year old granddaughter off a sky-bridge at Tyson's Corner, killing the child in front of the mother. She was convicted of murder.

I like my Goldens so much better than I like most people.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
It is heart warming to see the community coming out and offering rewards and comfort to the family. So heart breaking that someone did this. :( why why why? with no answer good enough.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I just saw the news about Heidi tonight. I was checking updates on Molly. I am sure most of you remember reading about her. Lynette is such a wonderful person with a huge heart!!! She has been taking care of goldens for a long time giving them such great care and a wonderful place to live. It is so disgusting that someone shot Heidi on her own property!!! How will they ever feel safe again? I hope they find out who did this so maybe they can feel a little safer. God Bless Lynette, her husband and their goldens. RIP sweet little Heidi!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
We've had a few dogs here that have been shot with a bow and arrow. Odd thing is the two I know of personally were in different states (one here in WV in my county and the other in KY about 45 min away). I use to work with the woman whos dog was shot with the arrow in KY and she made sure her dogs stayed on her property. Thankfully it just went through the meaty part of the dogs leg.. still cost her $600 to have it removed and stitched up.

If someone did anything like that to harm my animals i'd for sure be showing them the barrel of my glock! Be on my property with a weapon aiming it in my direction and we'll see who wins...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts