Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
After seeing some questioning of my intentions and if Chance even exists, I very hesitantly joined here. But besides that, there is a lot of support! Thank you. I'm Chance's mom, Tina. I just wanted to share 2 videos of Chance, one as a puppy and one after hip surgery. Chance has only had 1 surgery but will need a 2nd in 2 months. Please, if you have anything negative to say please try to refrain, as it very much makes me feel bad for raising money for Chance (although I know it shouldn't). I have never asked for donations before but after some advice, I decided to try it. And thank you to Connie & Makomom for your generosity!!!
Welcome Tina, I'm glad you're here! My thoughts are with Chance. You should never have to feel bad for raising money to help your baby. Sometimes in all our lives we need to rely on the kindness and generosity of others. It's not a weakness, you're doing everything you can for you baby.

Thank you!

Welcome Tina, I'm glad you're here! My thoughts are with Chance. You should never have to feel bad for raising money to help your baby. Sometimes in all our lives we need to rely on the kindness and generosity of others. It's not a weakness, you're doing everything you can for you baby.
Thank you for understanding and for the kind words, Michele. It's hard to hear criticism, but the support makes up for it! Pretty golden! Well, all goldens are pretty... who am I kiddin? :)

From our forum rules:

14. GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members are prohibited in posting threads seeking donations for individuals. A poll by this board membership has decided that there will be no more threads/posts allowed for members to ask for personal donations for themselves, or for other members’ behalf. If members wish to take on such endeavors this must be done in PM’s or on another site. Links to such other sites will not be permitted to be posted on the board as well. Thread/posts for donation requests that are going directly to a charitable organization can be posted.

Thank you for understanding and for the kind words, Michele. It's hard to hear criticism, but the support makes up for it! Pretty golden! Well, all goldens are pretty... who am I kiddin? :)
You're welcome, I know it can be hard to hear criticism. I believe we should never judge another's circumstances. Until we live their lives, we have no right. Everyone has an opinion on how others should live, and what we should've done or should do. It's crazy.

And thanks for the compliment, I agree, all goldns are pretty!

He sure is :) But I know he will be much happier once he heals! He's such a good dog. It has been 1 week since his 1st surgery and he is recovering well. I feel awful that he has to go through it all over again, though.
He seems like such a strong boy, it's sad that he has to go through all this, but I believe he'll heal and be back to normal before you know it.

Ohh, I thought Chance was with a rescue right now, not with his permanent owner. That doesn't mean his predicament is any less sad, but it does change my opinion on donating.

To Chance's mom, have you looked into CareCredit? You can apply for the card and pay off Chance's surgery on your own time. Good luck to your and your pup!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.