Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone tell me if there are different varieties of golden retrievers? Maybe I didn't say that correctly - I have noticed on this site some mention of possible golden breeds. Maybe some born in England would be different than those in USA. My girls seem to look a little different than some others I've seen. They have almost like a mane growing from the back of their head to their shoulders, a thin growth of outer fur. I can take my hand and start on one side and run it all the way around under that growth. Looks like they have a shall (not sure what you call it) or scarf type thing on. It makes them look royalish when they sit up. They are beautiful anyway but Karma looks like a lion when she walks partly because of this hair. Anyone?

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
No just one origin, one breed. I do not follow what you are saying about the "mane". Can you post a photo?

·
Owned by Emma
727 Posts
Lord Tweedmouth created this breed in 19th century. There are several books that tackle the origins, but Lord Tweedmouth kept some records that are extremely valuable.

Please check here for a start:
http://www.thegoldenretrieverclub.co.uk/

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try and get a photo if I can figure out how to do it. I guess it's not so much a mane as ....I don't know what to call it but they all probably have it. I guess I just think mine are special. thanks I will check out that guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts