Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
Close friends had two lab/golden crosses. Both from the same litter. Mom was a lab, dad was a golden. One of these puppies had a lab coat, and the other puppy had a dark red golden coat. Genetics can be interesting, so there is no way to know 100% what she is without a DNA test. She looks mostly lab to me. Adorable!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this comes up a lot but... I wanna know if my puppy is lab or golden retriever. I love her to death regardless but I was curious if there is a way to tell by looks. It was said she was pure golden retriever and she is 13 weeks. View attachment 869164
I have a full golden who is half English cream and he looked like a lab when he was a puppy. But even his fur was a little more fluffy at 13 weeks. Here is a picture of him at about 14 weeks. Either way you have a super adorable pup. Enjoy.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Looks like a lab. But either lab or golden, both are great dogs. I’ve had three labs in my life...one yellow and two chocolate!

·
Registered
16 Posts
We also had a Lab (chocolate) and Goldens along with Springer Spaniels. These three breeds were great companions for us and each other and very easily bonded. We lost our last two Goldens to cancer. The youngest and our last was 5 years old. It was heartbreaking. Our Lab lived to 12 years old and passed in his sleep. Now were are a Springer (3 of them) only family. we are in our 70s and the smaller ESS' were our choice (smaller is ieasier to handle). We really do miss having a Golden but after the heartbreak of our Murphy (5yrs) to cancer my wife just couldn't bear the chance of losing another to the same dreaded disease.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts