Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this comes up a lot but... I wanna know if my puppy is lab or golden retriever. I love her to death regardless but I was curious if there is a way to tell by looks. It was said she was pure golden retriever and she is 13 weeks.

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
From that photo... I'd say she looks more like a Lab. But she could be a mix. Did you see the parents? She's very sweet looking regardless..

Reactions: KaylaH

·
Registered
814 Posts
She's very cute. Her lack of fuzz (at least from what I can see in the pic) makes me think Lab but that dark ring of pigment around her eyes makes me think maybe European Golden (commonly referred to as "English Cream") - only because I've seen it on English type Goldens but not on white Labs - but maybe Labs have it sometimes too?

If you post more photos from various angles it would help. It'll also probably be much easier to tell as she gets a bit bigger.

·
Kate
21,295 Posts
She's pretty?

First pic - I wanted to say she looked more like a backyard bred type golden. Didn't think lab.

Other pics - I can see what people were saying about maybe her being a lab or part lab, but I don't know. Not entire labish (more boxy heads than goldens), but ears and expression in third pic especially look labbish...

Doesn't matter since you didn't buy her and she's yours now.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I understand your curiosity. I would be too. I’m definitely not an expert but it looks like at least some lab but mostly I see your wonderful pup, the one meant for, dependent on and loving you. Enjoy!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hmmm tough to say this young. Please post more pics of her in a few weeks! I'm curious to see what she'll turn out to be. She's very cute and I'm glad you were able to take her in. You could always do one of those dog DNA tests..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes absolutely! She has me confused! Lol I take her to the vet this coming week. Hopefully she can give me some insight. When I sent in a picture she said the zipper was more of a golden trait but labs do have them. You just don’t see it as much. Either way I love her, I just hate the mystery ? I wanna know.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I really think you got yourself a beautiful lab. I ran every picture into the dog scanner and it came up 99% lab every time. So far far every dog I’ve ran theyve been right on the breed. Lab, golden, or mix she’s a cutie and you can’t go wrong with ei breeds. All of your photos I ran gave a high percent lab.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this comes up a lot but... I wanna know if my puppy is lab or golden retriever. I love her to death regardless but I was curious if there is a way to tell by looks. It was said she was pure golden retriever and she is 13 weeks. View attachment 869164
Thank you guys for you insight! View attachment 869187
Hi, her face looks golden but her coat looks lab. I had a lab golden cross she was the best dog. When it is a 50 50 cross they have the coat of a lab. She doesn’t look like she has the Lab nose. A 3/4 golden 1/4 lab will have the long hair. Regardless she looks so sweet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this comes up a lot but... I wanna know if my puppy is lab or golden retriever. I love her to death regardless but I was curious if there is a way to tell by looks. It was said she was pure golden retriever and she is 13 weeks. View attachment 869164
If u rea lly need to know upucan have her dna tested. I heard less than $100 but I dont know accuracy. She looks a lot like the yellow lab I had.one of the best dogs ever. Good luck happy new year

1 - 20 of 25 Posts