Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
It's been a while since I've been on here... missing hooch :(

I just wanted to pop in and say and I have a quick question for some of you wise golden lovers...

Update - Our mama Lola is amazing and truly my best friend still. She is so gorgeous and is now 3 years old. Her puppy Olivia who we have nicknamed "Penny" is also adorable... but definately number 2 around her, Lola is in charge ;) But I've noticed recently that Penny rarely perks up her ears.. Lola constant has hers perked up especially during any talking with us. Is this normal?
I was going to ask the vet on our next visit but thought maybe someone would know what is up. Her ears are perfectly fine and clean. and she seems to hear just fine as well.

Hope all of you are well :) If you have a Golden in your family I'm sure you are! lol
- Cindy

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I had the same thing with my two goldens--Jake's ears were always up. Like your Lola, he was top dog and King and the universe circled around him. Alli was like your Penny--she was second fiddle to Jake (although he knew better than to try to steal a bone from her--she was the Queen of the food).

The only reason we have Alli's ears up in the photos we have of her is because we held food in front of her face to get her interest. And she wouldn't hold her ears up for very long either. Jake was a natural before the camera--he would sit and pose, with his ears already up. I used to joke that he even slept with his ears up.

I think all dogs are different and this is probably one area. You could practice "baiting" Penny to hold her ears up with food (like her favorite treat) and say "good ears" to encourage her to hold her ears up more if you want to try to make a game of it.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Can you post a picture of what her ears look like normally? Nice to see you posting again. Would love to see some new pictures of Lola too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts