Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.
I'm looking to get a Golden to our family and other dog in a few years and have started to look into breeders etc.
I'm surprised by how few breeders of the breed there are in Canada?

Does anyone here know of a good breeder or maybe one that the Golden Club of Canada haven't updated on their breeders-list?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,585 Posts
There are lots of very good, reputable breeders in Canada. Where exactly are you? How far are you willing to travel? And what are you looking for in your dog?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi.
I'm looking for a sweet-tempered dog to have as a hike- and canoebuddy aswell as train the dog to be a Therapy dog, like my oldest dog was (though not a Golden but a Finnish Lapphund).
A kind spirited dog to join my family and be as much a hikebuddy as I mentioned, as a dog to cuddle with on the couch and to join me with whatever we do.

I have sent emails to several breeders but don't hear back from them, which is a shame.

Distance wise, I live in Sweden, but have family in Canada to stay with while I pick up the dog etc.

Right now I have and Australian Shepherd 6 years old and a Working Cocker spaniel 2½ years, but we're sadly putting the cocker down next week due to severe pain in his hips and back :-( :crying:

·
Registered
13,585 Posts
Hi.
I'm looking for a sweet-tempered dog to have as a hike- and canoebuddy aswell as train the dog to be a Therapy dog, like my oldest dog was (though not a Golden but a Finnish Lapphund).
A kind spirited dog to join my family and be as much a hikebuddy as I mentioned, as a dog to cuddle with on the couch and to join me with whatever we do.

I have sent emails to several breeders but don't hear back from them, which is a shame.

Distance wise, I live in Sweden, but have family in Canada to stay with while I pick up the dog etc.

Right now I have and Australian Shepherd 6 years old and a Working Cocker spaniel 2½ years, but we're sadly putting the cocker down next week due to severe pain in his hips and back :-( :crying:

Canada is pretty huge. Finding you a breeder in Nova Scotia won't be much help if your family is in British Columbia! :smile2:Where is your family? Have you looked into all the import laws for Sweden in terms of bringing a dog in from Canada? There used to be quarantines to some European countries - some as long as six months. Not sure what they are now.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,080 Posts
As indicated above, Canada is a very large country so it would be helpful to know in which part of the country your family is in. There are many good breeders in Canada. Please let us know and we can try to point you in the right direction.

Also, are you looking for a show line or field line puppy?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts