Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Golden bond with ill 'Grammie'

774 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Elisabeth Kazup 
#1 ·
My Golden Winny keeps walking around the house crying and going to the bottom of the stairs. His 'Grammie' came downstairs today and was not feeling well so she went back up to bed. She is 90.5 years old and is in awesome health but this morning just not feeling the best. We are all not used to her feeling ill and Winny is taking it the hardest. He hasn't been trained as a therapy dog, just has the natural instincts. When I had my artificial knee surgery 5 years ago, he would follow behind me to make sure i was okay, he even got his Golden sister Maggie to do the same.

Aren't Golden's the best? I'm definitely a proud Mom...they are my babies as we were not blessed with 'human' children.

Ohhh...since I started writing this message, my Mom just came downstairs and Winny is talking away to her....he whoo's to her to tell her he loves her so! She is feeling a little better so hoping that she continues to do so. Thanks for sharing this Golden bond. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.