Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our sweet Chloe Died unexpectedly last Friday. She went to greet a neighbor and then just fell over and died. They said she did not suffer and it went quickly. We were not here but our housekeeper was. She was only 7 and had her 7 yr "old" dog blood work done in November with no red flags. The vet can only guess it may have been a heart tumor. While the shock is gone, our hearts are empty and our homes seems so quiet and incomplete.

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
I am so sorry :( . Loss is always so hard and 7 is not long enough. May her memories bring you some solace at this time. Rest In Peace Sweet Chloe.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Our sweet Chloe Died unexpectedly last Friday. She went to greet a neighbor and then just fell over and died. They said she did not suffer and it went quickly. We were not here but our housekeeper was. She was only 7 and had her 7 yr "old" dog blood work done in November with no red flags. The vet can only guess it may have been a heart tumor. While the shock is gone, our hearts are empty and our homes seems so quiet and incomplete.
I'm so very sorry for your loss. We lost our boy to a heart tumor the day after his 5th birthday last summer. I know how hard it is.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss.

·
Kristy
9,478 Posts
My heart goes out to you. 7 is so unfair.... I hope you know that there was nothing you could have done and that even if you'd had a regular vet checkup done the week before it wouldn't have been found. It's very hard, I'm so sorry.

·
Registered
441 Posts
My heart goes out to you and your loved ones. Loosing your Golden so young and so fast is tough.We know your heartache. Expressing your thoughts here with fellow Golden lovers can be a bit cathartic. It helped me when I lost my last Golden. I hope you feel better soon.
Godspeed to your Chloe.

dlm ny country

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ouch! I know the pain you're suffering right now. We lost our River on 12/15/18. I'm still not completely over the loss. The one thing that is different from your loss and ours was that at least we knew River was ill well before we put him down on his, and our terms. In your case, it's like one-moment Chloe was with you, and next, she's gone... I'm so sorry for your loss. I just can't imagine how shocking this must have been to you and your family. Hang in there. With each day the pain does subside, and hopefully, when the time is right, you will begin thinking of getting another puppy.

·
Debbie624
360 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of Chloe. I too know this pain as we lost our Callie suddenly right after she turned 8 last July. We don't know for sure what happened but the ER vet suspected a blood clot bc she had TTA surgery 3 weeks prior. The emptiness and intense sadness is very hard. I still cry, and I know I always will. They are like our children and a piece of our heart is removed when they leave us. Time does make the pain better. This forum has been incredibly helpful in my grieving of Callie. It helps to tell your story so you may want to do that when you have the strength to do so. I recently started a journal where I write to Callie and helps me to know she is still with me. I think, at least for me, that it's most difficult not having answers. They are with us one minute completely fine, and then suddenly out of the blue your life is changed forever bc they are gone. I thought I could never take the chance again and have another golden but quickly realized that I can't live without a golden. I started searching for a breeder in October and am currently on a waiting list. One day, you may be ready to bring another into your life to love. Keeping you and your dear Chloe in my prayers and wishing you peace and healing.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss of your sweet Chloe.... seven is way too young..may you remember all the wonderful memories of your time together....

·
Registered
17,625 Posts
I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Chloe, I will add her name to The Rainbow Bridge List.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your lovely Chloe. So cruel and unfair.

I lost my heart and soul dog, Nikki to the same thing, cardiac hemangiosarcoma, 21 years ago. By all accounts she was the picture of health until this evil disease got her.

Please know that there was absolutely nothing you could have done, so don't torture yourself with the what-if's. Be kind and gentle to yourself; Chloe would want you to.

Godspeed Chloe.

·
3 goldens
11,810 Posts
Our first golden, Scooter was 5 yrs 2 months and was rolling in the grass and juts went over dead. It was his heart. Not a clue anything was wrong with his heart--he was our duck retriever, so active, full of energy, etc. When there is no clue, no red flags, and everythign checks out with the vet, there is nothing we can do to prevent these things. Since then I lot a golden girl at age almost 13 and a Great Pyrenees at age 7 to hemangioscrcoma, our 13+ year old golden to lymphoma and in Dec. our 11 yer old Gret Pyrenees to liver disease. The heart aches just keep happening, but we have love enough to get another dog--not to replace the lost one, but to make our houses homes again.,

Reactions: valong

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am so very sorry to hear about your beloved Cloe. I have a Beautiful boy named Bodi who will turn 7 this year. It really makes me sad to think of losing him. I could not live without a golden. God bless you and help you through this time of grief.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of Chloe. I lost my first golden to hemangiosarcoma nine years ago at the age of 9. So sudden and so sad. But, I came to believe that my first golden and would send me another golden when the time was right. Four years later, I got my second golden. She will be 6 next month and introduced me to the fun of canine sports.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts