Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We lost our lab/golden mix after 14+ years and are looking for a golden puppy. Have located a female puppy at Golden Acres Goldens in Dingmans Ferry PA. Anyone have any experience with this breeder?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Do you have the registered name of the sire and dam? I checked the website and they reference having all health clearances on their dogs, but don't post any links or way to verify. Looking at the parents OFA clearance information is very important.

·
Kristy
10,359 Posts
It is always a red flag to me when a breeder doesn't list any registered names of their dogs on their website. With registered names it is possible to verify health clearances and any claims about titles etc. Why have a website to brag about your dogs but not post registered names?? Here is a previous thread on this breeder:

http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com...ppy/97265-golden-acres-dingmans-ferry-pa.html

·
Kristy
10,359 Posts
Ask for the registered names of the parents and we can help you verify. Any breeder should be proud to show you their proof of correct clearances and be willing to email you copies. Ask respectfully and see what kind of response they give you. I bet I can guess what their answer will be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts