Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy Willy was born 02.23 & I flew out to Seattle, WA from the Charlotte, NC area to pick him up after watching him grow in a private Facebook group for 9 weeks. I couldn't wait to get him. Due to "life", it just wasn't feasible to get another pup after making that hard decision to let my last girl, Sophie, go to the Rainbow Bridge at 12-yrs due to Diabetes-related issues. I honestly was a little shocked to see just how big Willy was when I went to pick him up. I thought for sure I would not be allowed on the plane with the big boy. Thankfully, he was exactly 20-lbs in his carrier. He's been such a good boy. I was lucky that his breeder was so good with the litter. So, he is now just about 5-months & weighs a hefty 41-lbs, just lost his puppy teeth last week & is still learning about the world around him. I'm so happy he's a part of my life. There's nothing like a Golden Retriever!
The pics below are coming home on the plane 04.30 & last night.
I've followed this forum for some time, but decided to finally register. Glad to be here!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I also went 4 years between Goldens and it got to be unbearable. Willy is a cutie and I'm glad all is going so well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! You are so right. Everything felt "right" when I finally got him home. 😊

·
Super Moderator
16,920 Posts
Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your gorgeous new pup!. It's been four years since I lost my boy, I hope that one day I'll be able to have another too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts