Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Karen
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This tiny red-head came to live with me on Sunday. She's a sweet girl, smart as a whip and busy. The transition from her litter mates has been hard. She spent a good bit of her first day looking at her reflection in the refrigerator, thinking it was one of her sisters or brothers. Ducky is now the adopted replacement. :) We have been camping out in the kitchen and it was so adorable when she curled up under my temporary work station. Her other favorite spot is the air conditioning vent. I can't believe she has been here for 4 days and I'm just getting a moment to post pictures. This one needs a job, so if she's awake, we are doing something... and I'm reading a lot ... one of the books is "Perfect Puppy in 7 Days" (Dr. Sophia Yin).. I only have 3 more days. Yikes!!!... hahaha Well, no worries, we don't have to be perfect by Saturday, but we will be working on it and sharing our adventures here.

My little Glimmer of Hope.

Attachments

·
I miss my Buddy
11,529 Posts
Oh my goodness Karen she is soooo sweet and I am so happy for you.
Big congratulations!
Thank you for sharing with us your "little Glimmer of Hope". :)

·
Karen
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's beautiful! I just love her eyebrows. They're so expressive already :)
Thank you Katie, The breeder said she is a "thinker" ... I love her face too

·
Karen
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh my goodness Karen she is soooo sweet and I am so happy for you.
Big congratulations!
Thank you for sharing with us your "little Glimmer of Hope". :)
Oh Buddy's Mom,
You know how I'm feeling, the hole in my heart is still there but it's time to start filling it with some new love and memories (and as I write this, I'm thinking and a whole lot of poop scooping :p:)...

I got this card from a friend yesterday and it said.
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. Roger Caras"

·
I miss my Buddy
11,529 Posts
Karen, you know I've been there and done that. The day I picked up my Charlie was one of the most emotional days in my life. First there were tears but eventually with time I've learnt to smile thru tears. Loving Charlie more and more every day doesn't take away love I will always have for my Buddy but took away most of the pain.
Hugs to you and your little darling.

·
Karen
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Karen
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh Karen, she's beautiful! Congratulations!
Thanks Robin, I have been following Noah's thread and the other puppies that are a few months ahead of her, so am looking at your good examples!!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Karen

This tiny red-head came to live with me on Sunday. She's a sweet girl, smart as a whip and busy. The transition from her litter mates has been hard. She spent a good bit of her first day looking at her reflection in the refrigerator, thinking it was one of her sisters or brothers. Ducky is now the adopted replacement. :) We have been camping out in the kitchen and it was so adorable when she curled up under my temporary work station. Her other favorite spot is the air conditioning vent. I can't believe she has been here for 4 days and I'm just getting a moment to post pictures. This one needs a job, so if she's awake, we are doing something... and I'm reading a lot ... one of the books is "Perfect Puppy in 7 Days" (Dr. Sophia Yin).. I only have 3 more days. Yikes!!!... hahaha Well, no worries, we don't have to be perfect by Saturday, but we will be working on it and sharing our adventures here.

My little Glimmer of Hope.
Karen: I am doing the happy dance for you and Glimmer!! I am just delighted for you!! Who is Ducky?

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Three cheers for redheads!

She's a cutie pie. Shala's favourite place when she first came home was also the AC vent. I couldn't believe she liked to sleep right on top of it!

·
Registered
142 Posts
She's simply darling...and will become beautiful! Love those red goldens and was fortunate to rescue two of them since losing our first beloved red golden girl.

·
Karen
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Karen: I am doing the happy dance for you and Glimmer!! I am just delighted for you!! Who is Ducky?
Thanks Karen,
Ducky, is her yellow stuffed duck :) , he's the only toy right now of similar size so she likes to snuggle with him. I think in the litter they were so together she misses that contact and comfort when she goes to sleep,

1 - 20 of 147 Posts