Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with Glenbogle Goldens in Pennsylvania? I am on the list for a puppy due in late December from the Keagan/Sarah litter. Everything looks good to me, but I haven't been able to find any information about this breeder on the forum. I hope to be able to train my puppy to eventually be a therapy dog, and I liked that both parents are therapy dogs. Sure would appreciate any input.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also am wondering about anyone's opinion of the Squire/Claire litter vs. Keagan/Sarah. This breeder only has two litters a year, and these are the two options, both due within a few weeks of each other. There will not be another litter until the following year. I have been on the waiting list a long time, but could choose from either litter, assuming there are enough males in each. I am third choice male.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Just a quick glance, I do not see an eye cerf for Keagan. Something you want to ask the breeder about. No elbow on Sarah and eye cerf is outdated.

Reactions: Sally's Mom

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
As already posted, Sarah's online eye clearance is from 2008/ not current and NO elbow clearance in spite of what is written in the website. The sire, no current eye clearance . The next litter, mom, no eye clearance, the dad, punctuate cataract ,significance unknown.

You should be asking some questions.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks to me like both Sarah and Keagan have eye clearances from 2010. I don't see an elbow clearance on Sarah though, and will definitely check into that. Thank you so much for your feedback - I really appreciate the input.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
They would still need updated clearances for 2011- they must be done yearly. That is, unless they were done within the last month and a half of 2010, they would technically still be up to date.

·
Banned
616 Posts
From their website "CREMES AND BLONDES ARE THE FOCUS OF THE CURRENT BREEDING PROGRAM" Personally this is a big turn off. Breeding for color.....I think there is enough on this forum about that.

·
Banned
616 Posts
Although if you search on the CERF website keegan has a current eye exam done in feb. 2011. Also Sarah has a current eye exam done feb 2011. Although Claire is missing an eye exam completely, and Sarah is missing an elbow clearance. (I'm not sure why these eye clearances are not showing up on OFA, but they are on the CERF website.) Honestly, if it were me, I would pass. But I would grant there could be a judgement call here. But there are wholes that you would really need to talk to the breeder about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts