Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad I found this website! So nice to get a chance to "Chat" with others who love the Golden so much!

I recently lost my 10-1/2 year old, Nala. She was the second golden I've had.
She was epileptic all her life (well from about 2 years old), she had severe arthritis in her spine as well. After some additional health problems, I had to put her down - my heart is broken. Not just for myself, but also for my big beautiful boy "Shane". Shane is 7 years old - I don't know how I'd be if I didn't have him to cry with. But I think Shane is lonely - I plan to get him a buddy sometime in the foreseeable future - after I can let go of Nala.

Thanks for listening - It's good to know others here understand.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi, Welcome to the site. I am so sorry to hear about Nala. It must be very hard to come to terms with and i cannot begin to imagine what you must be going through. I think you really have to own a dog to understand how close it becomes to us, the people on this site are all dog lovers and i think you will find many friends here. Coopersmum

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi there Pat,
I'm also new to this site, so welcome from the land down under!
I'm sorry to hear about Nala, and I can imagine how much it still hurts you. I know my heart would break if anything happened to one of my fur babies.
This seems to be a very friendly forum, and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun here, as I am having looking at peoples pictures, and reading their stories.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hello Pat,Pleased to meet you.Sorry to hear about Nala,it's incredibly difficult to loose a a furbaby before their time.Take solace in the line from the Rainbow Bridge that states"All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor"
Nala will be waiting.
We must believe,
Shane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.