Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To commerate the 40 days of suffering: I decided to stay married.

No, really.:)

And besides that I decided that I'm giving up a bit of loafing time and going to the basement (think of The Wilderness) and going to get on either the treadmill or the eliptical(think of suffering) every day. For at least a little bit, maybe only 5 minutes but I'm going to do it everyday.

For me the hard part isn't walking down the stairs, it isn't picking just the right music to walk to, it isn't even the getting on of the machine and starting: it's the getting up and out of the chair and off my duff that's the hard part. Once I do that, everything else just naturally falls into place.

I walked for 25 minutes today.

Oh, and you don't have to be a Christian to decide to do something nice for 40 days. One friend is giving up Bearclaw coffee in the morning, putting the money saved in a jar and then going to donate it to our local no-kill shelter.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My husband and I decided that during lent this year we would keep the TV off for at least 1 whole evening a week! Tonight is the first night so we'll see how it goes! But we're hoping it encourages us to be more active and spend more intentional time with each other in the craziness of the work week!

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like a terrific idea. I think we'll do that too.

Let's hope we don't sit there tapping our toe, watching the clock, waiting for that STOOPID hour to be over so we can turn the tv on!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hahaha, I definitely thought I saw my husband reach for the remote a couple times out of habit! But overall it was sooooo nice to have that small break from the TV. We actually got to spend time talking and even found time to do some pleasure reading! Imagine!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
To commerate the 40 days of suffering: I decided to stay married.

No, really.:)
I REALLY needed that laugh this morning. Thanks!:D

My plan for 40 days of Lent... PRAY Praise, Repent, Ask, Yield. I guess if I can do that daily for 40 days I will finish Lent in a better place than I am starting it...:curtain:

BTW I really do know you by wishihad2goldens. I think most do. You can probably drop the "formerly" statement in your siggy. We know you! Really!:)

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I'll change that siggy line! And thanks for 'knowing' me.

I've also decided to be a more gracious, graceful person. I have a learned tendency to speak right out if I think I've been wronged by life or my hubby. I'm going to stop doing that. I don't like that person. I want to be the cheerful, optimist person that I once was.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
My plan for 40 days of Lent... PRAY Praise, Repent, Ask, Yield.
These are great things to do for lent. I think I'll copy yours as I really couldn't think of anything worthwhile for myself to do (or not do) It's the darn Yielding part I'll have the most problem with!

I've also decided to be a more gracious, graceful person. I have a learned tendency to speak right out if I think I've been wronged by life or my hubby. I'm going to stop doing that. I don't like that person. I want to be the cheerful, optimist person that I once was.
Boy oh boy something else to copy this Lenten Season, I know exactly how that is, I miss my person too.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Okay, I'll change that siggy line! And thanks for 'knowing' me.

Me too.......... What the heck happens when we start getting older?

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
I have a saying on my refrigerator and on my monitor at work that asks "Who's In Charge?" It refers not to who is in charge of the office or the department, but who is in charge of how I act or react. It is a lesson taught to me by a friend several years ago, and comes from a book called "Gifts of Eykis." Only I am in charge of my feelings and my actions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts