Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago i was beyond worried,when my dad was rushed in the emergency with a serious problem.All kinds of grim stuff was going through my head..It turned out totally manageable,at least the doctor is sure,but serious nevertheless.He's still not well,although the doctor was very pleased with his recovery.But i'm still qiute scared,thinking ''what if''.I so hope he's all well in several days...But i don't know anymore...He smokes even more now...Ans he smokes a lot..:(:(:( I'm worried he'll end up with another problem...I'm begging him not to smoke so much...To no avail..Because after knowing it's not somethng very scary,he now worries about work(he has to get some more rest)and bills,of course...And i'm so tired of being worried...And exhausted,my things to do have trippled...On top of that we have a close relative,that was barely saved with lung emboli,and my 19 year old second cousin is in hospital,with dangerously high fever..I don't know anymore...:(:(:(:( Please...good thoughts.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about all of your family's troubles. My mother has sisters that smoke heavily and one is in very poor shape health-wise, and it really hurts my mom to see her smoke. But unfortunately she has given up on trying to get her to stop. Most smokers know that smoking is bad for them, they just are unable to quit.

I wish I could offer advice but all I can offer is my condolences. I hope things begin to look up for you, your father, and the rest of your family very soon.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I am sorry for your relatives health issues. When it is someone else all you can do is pray and turn them over to God. I know it is difficult to do but it's really the only choice. Sending prayers.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you SO much!You are once again great support!I sure hope everything with..well everybody :uhoh: will be ok.Looks like it should be..But i dare not say.Oh,and did i mention,that my dad was allowed home treatment because of me?Yes,the one that gave him the injections,which he was on for the firs 5 days was his scared to death daughter-myself.That's what i get,for having such an easy life,and for being trained for this at age 13...:bowl::bowl: And i though i would not need this skill anymore,that it's behind me..Ha-ha..Luckyly,he's oly on 1 pill now and SHOULD be ok in 10 days..:doh:

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
You are very brave to give injections. My husband needed to have injections after a surgery and I was too afraid I would do it wrong so he did it himself (I felt he could better know if it was going the right direction)
I, too, have had to accept that I cannot make family member change their behavior. This does take a lot of stress off me.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't feel that brave..After the first one i almost blacked out..I needed 10 minutes to recover.It was scary for me,but it had to be done..

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well,as i was so thankful for the much needed support,i've decided to give a short update.
My dad is feeling better,he started going to work,the doctor stopped the strong antibiotics and is pleased with the progress.It's going to take a little more time,but things shoul be just fine,thakfully.
Fortunately,my two other relatives have also since recovered,one is out of the hospital(and the woods)and under control,and my young cousin is fully recovered..
And i...i am tired...But thankful things went ok,and for your good thoughts!Wishing all of you happy holydays!
Marina.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Marina,

I am glad to read that things have gotten progressively better. Continued good thoughts for your dad. Remember you do need to take some time for yourself so you don't end up sick yourself.

I hope the news continues to go in the same direction for all during the holiday season and beyond.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I am one of those people that worry all the time about the "what if's" and it really is draining. Please take care of yourself. Hugs.

Glad to hear everybody is doing better.

Reactions: Bell

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
solinvictus,cubbysan,Penny's Mom-once again thank you all,and the others,who sent good thoughts.Everything is well under control,even my ''what ifs''.;) Hope it stays this way.:crossfing O,i'll rest..just don't know when yet..:eek: From all my heart-hugs and wonderful holidays from me and my good boy Bell.Oh,and from the wonderful,adored,but very evil cat-Mara.:curtain:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts