Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
every moment is a gift
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've "missed" them the last couple of years. This scout was a former neighbor's kid who I didn't recognize and initially told her "No" - I felt so bad when I realized it, that I bought TWO boxes :doh:

I consider each sleeve of cookies a serving - so it's really only 4 servings! :D;)

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
There actually is no set time for GS cookies. The different troops sell them throughout the year. They try to not be in conflict with other local troops so not to hurt each others sales.

Reactions: hubbub

·
every moment is a gift
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There actually is no set time for GS cookies. The different troops sell them throughout the year. They try to not be in conflict with other local troops so not to hurt each others sales.
Thank you for the clarification! I wish I could thank you more than once :)

For a few years, I had multiple scouts coming by (girl scout - cookies and boy scouts - popcorn) :) The year I had 8 Girl Scouts and 4 Boy Scouts, I decided NO MORE! (They were probably all in the same troop) I just couldn't afford it.

We're down to just a few in the neighborhood now, so no wonder I was mixed up :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
You mean to tell me Girl Scout cookies are available year round???? How did I not know this?? :)

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts

·
Chester's Mommy
2,688 Posts
Man, now I really want some samoas!

We've only got boys surrounding us here--and I guess it's a good thing if I'm trying to curb my sweet tooth!:eek:
Well if they happen to be boy scouts - they sell popcorn! I actually never knew this until recently (DH was a boy scout and he told me). I guess popcorn just isn't as popular as cookies.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
How much are they a box now?

I think last year I paid $4/box for them.. but it might've been $3.50. And have you all noticed how many less cookies per box there are than in previous years!? LOL Oh well, they're too good to pass up!

I'll be picking up some Thin Mints, Do Si Do's (peanut butter sandwich), and Trefoils (shortbread).. mmmm my faves.

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Boo. Once again, I'm annoyed at all the flavours you guys get and I do not. Up here they only sell chocolate sandwich cookies, akin to fudgeeos. You can get them either in chocolate...or vanilla. I hate those kinds of cookies!

I do usually get some boy scout popcorn, though. I'm too bitter to buy the crappy girl scout cookies so I hide behind the door when they come a-knocking and pretend I'm not home.

Reactions: hubbub

·
every moment is a gift
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Boo. Once again, I'm annoyed at all the flavours you guys get and I do not. Up here they only sell chocolate sandwich cookies, akin to fudgeeos. You can get them either in chocolate...or vanilla. I hate those kinds of cookies!

I do usually get some boy scout popcorn, though. I'm too bitter to buy the crappy girl scout cookies so I hide behind the door when they come a-knocking and pretend I'm not home.
We don't get to choose from all the ones listed on the website....hmmm.

Which would you like? I'm sure I'll get hit up again by the girl up the street, I put her off when she was selling wrapping paper for her school in the fall and told her I'd buy a box of cookies from her instead. She might forget me though. :)

ETA - just reread this post and meant to say I'd try a new one maybe, but it looks like I'm shipping cookies! Should have said "Which one do you like?" Sorry :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts