Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it was a beautiful day here in Oklahoma today and we took the boys to the dog park. There is a couple we see there reguarly with a HUGE mastiff. The girlfriend never seems very "thrilled" to be at the park... kind of prissy/ doesn't pet other dogs. We had been there about ten minutes watching this girl with her nose in the air when a boxer ran up behind her, lifted his leg and pee'd all over her! She didn't feel it at first... but finally she did and screamed so loud. She was horrified. She kept going on and on about how disgusting it was. Her boyfriend (along with everyone else, secretly) was laughing at her and kept saying "we are at the dog park, what do you expect!" She marched her prissy little behind out of there pronto... boyfriend dutifully followed and mastiff was not happy about having to leave either!! It was pretty hilarious! Just had to share... you never know what is going to happen at the dog park!

·
Kim & Flora
6,104 Posts
I have to admit, getting peed on by a dog (or by anything for that matter) is not particularly pleasant. :D

·
Registered
633 Posts
I hesitate to even post because I don't want to embarrass anyone - - - but I don't find this the least bit hilarious and to laugh at this is somewhat like high school behavior. I am surprised that no one offered to help this woman by either giving her something to dab her clothes with or just sympathizing with her. Such a lack of good manners and sensitivity this shows . . .

Some dogs just are not aware of where they are when they go. I think you are reading into it what you want and it just isn't very nice at all. :no:

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
I hesitate to even post because I don't want to embarrass anyone - - - but I don't find this the least bit hilarious and to laugh at this is somewhat like high school behavior. I am surprised that no one offered to help this woman by either giving her something to dab her clothes with or just sympathizing with her. Such a lack of good manners and sensitivity this shows . . .

Some dogs just are not aware of where they are when they go. I think you are reading into it what you want and it just isn't very nice at all. :no:
You are very correct, sophomoric on my part, sorry.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Hmmm well I view it as slapstick funny. Even if it happened to me..gross as it is..its funny. So I would definately be chuckling as I handed her something to daub herself with.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I find it funny..... I agree, you're at a dog park..... things like that happen. It wasn't like she was injured. She should just be glad it wasn't her mastiff that let loose !!! BTW, both DH and I laughed so hard we almost wet ourselves when he got out of bed one morning when we were first married and stepped in dog pooh !!!! I guess we haven't matured in 35 years.

·
Registered
633 Posts
So, it was a beautiful day here in Oklahoma today and we took the boys to the dog park. There is a couple we see there reguarly with a HUGE mastiff. The girlfriend never seems very "thrilled" to be at the park... kind of prissy/ doesn't pet other dogs. We had been there about ten minutes watching this girl with her nose in the air when a boxer ran up behind her, lifted his leg and pee'd all over her! She didn't feel it at first... but finally she did and screamed so loud. She was horrified. She kept going on and on about how disgusting it was. Her boyfriend (along with everyone else, secretly) was laughing at her and kept saying "we are at the dog park, what do you expect!" She marched her prissy little behind out of there pronto... boyfriend dutifully followed and mastiff was not happy about having to leave either!! It was pretty hilarious! Just had to share... you never know what is going to happen at the dog park!
I have just as much of a sense of humor as anyone else - I have three Golden Retrievers and I have stepped in just about everything and nothing phases me. Describing someone you don't know as "prissy" and assuming the worst about her and then being happy and finding it "hilarious" when a dog goes on her and everyone "was laughing at her" is just mean spirited and if you don't see that, then I feel very bad for you. I hold Golden owners to a higher standard. Are our dogs nicer than we are?

I guess I am not a fan of this form of "slapstick". Sorry, I'm not chuckling - this tale transports me back to high school.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Atleast she didnt take a header from a dog. I was politely sitting on a bench in the dog park and found myself with bruised eye orbit from a dog literally running up my left side and hitting me square in the eye orbit,. My wifes response "Only you Brandon,.. only you..."

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Now THAT I wouldn't find funny, B. Never when someone is hurt. Shoot, I would have been dying laughing even if the dog peed on ME!!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I will say that once Lucky saw a little girl's dog during a walk. He lunged and toppled me over and my butt landed square in a mud puddle. As I tried to get up he lunged for the dog again and this time it was my belly landing in the mud puddle. I was screaming in frustration, slipping and slidding like a wallowing hog.

The little girl didn't laugh at me....thank goodness. (Though I know she did later). I can laugh now but its a little different when its happening.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Im sorry Lucly's Mom I was laughing hard as i read your post! :wave: ;)

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
I will say that once Lucky saw a little girl's dog during a walk. He lunged and toppled me over and my butt landed square in a mud puddle. As I tried to get up he lunged for the dog again and this time it was my belly landing in the mud puddle. I was screaming in frustration, slipping and slidding like a wallowing hog.

The little girl didn't laugh at me....thank goodness. (Though I know she did later). I can laugh now but its a little different when its happening.
Always remember, you were a wallowing Goddess...

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
Sophmoric? maybe...but it was kinda funny. made me laugh!

Hey, I got peed on at work the other day and I swear that little puntable (for Hooch!!) did it on purpose! I thought that was funny too! Kinda gross, but funny all the same. :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts