Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This soo hard to do. My Ginger passed on 11-16-17 one month short of her 8th birthday. Got her ashes back on Wednesday, another hard day. She didn't act like a dog, more human she would look you in the eyes and hang on to your every word, ask if she wanted to take her collar off she would come over hold her head up, I would hold on to her collar and she would pull her head out, same for putting it on, hold the collar, she would put her head though. I don't think she out grew her puppy stage, she was always ready to play. She was my second Golden after the passing of my first Golden Bailey, they were so much a like, such wonderful dogs. They give so much. They say time heals, just have to get through this loss. I can't see myself without one of these great dogs, in due time there will be a third Bailey, Ginger Golden, I know they would want me to

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,173 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss of Ginger.

It's one of the hardest things I've ever gone through, I've been through it more times than I'd like.

Take the time you need to grieve and let your heart heal. You're like me, I've had dogs all my life, being without one is really hard. When I had to let my girl go 1.5 years ago, my Vet suggested I think about another breed since there is so much cancer in Goldens. I told her I like a lot of different breeds but my heart is with Goldens and I will always have at least one.

You can never replace one dog with another, each dog is very special, unique in their own way and they each hold a special place in your heart. When you are ready, I know you will bring a new one into your life.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So sorry to hear about your Ginger. I hope that your memories of her and Bailey warm your heart through the holidays.
I too lost my Ginger in July 2017. I miss her company, her thoughtful gazes, and her beautiful, ginger silky coat.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Ginger sounds like she was a really great companion. I am also one who just cannot live without a Golden despite how hard it is to let them go. I hope your memories and the knowledge that you gave Ginger such a loving and great life will be of comfort to you.

Reactions: Karen519

·
Registered
36 Posts
So sorry to hear this. RIP Ginger but run free!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the support, I like all kind of dogs to, but the Goldens have stolen my heart. Like every body here that knows Goldens they are one of a kind.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
My condolences on your loss. It is never easy losing one of our fur babies

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
My heart goes out to you. What you wrote about Ginger is so lovely.
My Smooch and Snobear will take care of her.
I believe I put her on the Rainbow Bridge List, if not, I will.
I am sure that Ginger and Bailey would want you to love another. All our dogs want is for us to be happy!
When we lost our adopted female Golden, Smooch, at 11 or 12, a male Golden on this forum needed a home.
This was the day after we lost her. We adopted Tucker at the age of 2 and our Samoyed, Tonka, was 11 months younger.
They adore one another! I know that your Smooch and Snobear are smiling down on all of us.

·
Kristy
9,478 Posts
I can't tell you how sorry I am for your heartache. It's just something you never get used to. I hope you will post photos of your Ginger and tell us some stories (Bailey too) if you feel up to it, sometimes it helps to share that with people who understand. A home without a Golden is empty and lonely, I'm someone who needs a new puppy search to help my healing process, otherwise I would wallow in grief for a long time. When the time is right, I hope you will post photos of a new love here as well. Hugs to you on the loss of your sweet girl, it's just so hard.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having a hard time logging in. Well its been a month today, looking at puppy pic,s helps some, I can't see my self with a Golden in the future, they are dogs that's hard to be without. , they give so much. Thanks for your support. Thinking of you Ginger, photos on here help, love the puppy pic's .

Attachments

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Ginger was absolutely gorgeous!!

·
Simba's Mom
28 Posts
Having a hard time logging in. Well its been a month today, looking at puppy pic,s helps some, I can't see my self with a Golden in the future, they are dogs that's hard to be without. , they give so much. Thanks for your support. Thinking of you Ginger, photos on here help, love the puppy pic's .
Beautiful dog. My heart goes out to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Ginger. I just lost my Dixie just shy of 6 years old. I have had many GR's in my life and I've suffered the loss of each and every one of them in a different way. I do know that even though I will never, ever forget any of my beautiful girls, Dixie has a very special place in my heart. I will have another GR puppy in the near future - not to replace Dixie - but to honor her and to make myself whole again. I'm totally lost without a GR in my life - they are "my breed" despite their potential health issues. I'm completely in love with the breed and there just isn't any other dog for me. Here's to better days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts