Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Faelan just Earned his 3rd leg for his CDX, it wasn't pretty but he earned 3 straight Qs. He found a stewards butt way interesting, he ended on my right at one point but ta daa his slow was Great, he had fronts and finishes on both dumbbell exercises, and his broad jump was great. Drop on recall no front or finish. I really need to get him out to more places, he is green and it shows.

Small rings with stanchions and people a few feet from the gate when I walked in I almost left since it was so different than anything he has seen, but it was a 2.5 hour drive so I stayed and am now glad I did. Good boy

Edit to add: There was a photographer there, and the pics should be posted on his website by Friday :) Just new title shots but still I am looking forward to seeing the pictures

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, and I was working his stays all week, since the boy kept breaking. All the things I have been concentrating on, he really did great. Slow, fronts with dumbbells, sits, halts, broad jump etc. Now to show him Thursday or not? Probably not.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
WoooHoo! Great job you two, all that hard work paid off! Onward and upward!

Reactions: Sunrise

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Congratulations! Wonderful news, team Faelan!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
wooooo hooooo congratulations!!! Great job!!!!!

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I sit here chatting with some people, I cannot help but notice the train whistles and horns, as well as the building rattling as the trains go by. So, I do feel much better about some of Faelan's distraction, I mean he has never seen or felt trains before LOL good boy

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
2nd place out of 24 dogs. Didn't pay attention to the score, I was that surprised :)

·
Casey and Samson's Mom
221 Posts
Wow! congratulations!!

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Congrats!! It always feels like a weight lifted off once you get that title!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
YaHooo Mountain Dew!! Congrats!

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Congrats! I find the boys like to do things to keep it interesting.

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Congrats!! It always feels like a weight lifted off once you get that title!
And then there's Utility!!
Hopefully, Faelan will beat my King by going 3 for 3 - King took 4 tries for his UD. Me, I was just sooooo happy he (Faelan) held his sit; he has been having issues since the match last weekend, but he did it!!

Many dogs in my class have apparently been promised that once they get their CDX, they will never do those OOS Sits again! It was a popular topic while we were clustered together.

And, I met back up with an old acquaintance whose dog and my King were often nose to nose in the ribbons - her daughter is now showing!! so now I know I am an old timer LOL

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
that's so exciting, I can't wait until we have a CDX too!

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Umm, Jodie. Don't you have a CDX or 2??

LOL, well, yeah, I have 3, but you know what I mean! Can't wait for the little booger to get one!

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
That's Xcellent and Xciting!!!! :D
Cangrats to Team Faelen!!! :dblthumb2

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
LOL, well, yeah, I have 3, but you know what I mean! Can't wait for the little booger to get one!
I can't wait to go into open with Filly either. I am holding off for now, since we will be showing in Open B, and I really want good scores. It won't be long though!!

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
I can't wait to go into open with Filly either. I am holding off for now, since we will be showing in Open B, and I really want good scores. It won't be long though!!
Are you going to skip Open A with her?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts