Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll be picking up our new fur baby in a few weeks! I'd like to bring with us a gift for the breeder, but I am at a loss to figure out what might be an appropriate gift. We've never met in person, but have been communicating for quite some time since I finally found her to be the perfect breeder for our pup! She's done so much to prepare us for him and even though we've raised 4 goldens and loved even more, I have learned so much from her. I'd like to show my appreciation for all the extra time she has given me and the patience she's shown with my questions. I'd like to get something Golden related, but not the typical coffee mug or t-shirt. It would be nice to get her something useful or a meaningful token of our friendship. Any ideas???

·
Registered
281 Posts
From what I’ve heard it’s not typical to bring a gift, but some things I’ve heard people mention are a good quality toy for the mama dog, or nice flowers for the breeder’s home. And a promise to send photos and updates throughout the dog’s life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Iove flowers. I just saw tulips bulbs in a clear vase at the grocery store . I almost bought 4 lol.
But yeah maybe a pack of greenies or a toy or ball for mama doggie

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is funny because I have been thinking the same thing for my breeder, also for my pup that I will be picking up in about 4 weeks! I feel so lucky to have been picked to be a puppy person, especially with the demand that the pandemic has caused. When I asked about rubbing a blanket on Mama to get her scent, my breeder mentioned that she could send home a toy that the mom/litter has played with. I am thinking that I will bring a toy to replace the one she is letting me take, as well as a nice thank you note.

·
Super Moderator Leader
50,850 Posts
There have been several threads over the years asking this question. I did a search, here are a few you can read through to get more ideas.

·
the party's crashing us
4,320 Posts
A custom car magnet with her kennel name.

Reactions: Coastal Pup

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is funny because I have been thinking the same thing for my breeder, also for my pup that I will be picking up in about 4 weeks! I feel so lucky to have been picked to be a puppy person, especially with the demand that the pandemic has caused. When I asked about rubbing a blanket on Mama to get her scent, my breeder mentioned that she could send home a toy that the mom/litter has played with. I am thinking that I will bring a toy to replace the one she is letting me take, as well as a nice thank you note.
How exciting! Our puppies will be just about the same age. My little guy was born Jan. 11, we'll be driving about 12 hours to get him but I am totally looking forward to that road trip!! Are you getting a boy or girl?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I see the mods updates a prior post- Anney has a great website, if you just search k9 Design on Google, it is the second website that pops up :)

Wow, our puppies are birthday twins! What a fun road trip, good for you! My trip is only about 2 hours each way, but coming home will probably be a bit longer ;) I expressed my preference for a boy and my breeder will keep that in mind, though I suppose I won’t know for sure until pickup day. How about you??

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see the mods updates a prior post- Anney has a great website, if you just search k9 Design on Google, it is the second website that pops up :)

Wow, our puppies are birthday twins! What a fun road trip, good for you! My trip is only about 2 hours each way, but coming home will probably be a bit longer ;) I expressed my preference for a boy and my breeder will keep that in mind, though I suppose I won’t know for sure until pickup day. How about you??
Thanks! I'll check that website. Our breeder is Deb Zeirler in Wisconsin, we're in SW Missouri, so quite a drive! Where's your breeder? We'll need to compare notes when we get our pups!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks! I'll check that website. Our breeder is Deb Zeirler in Wisconsin, we're in SW Missouri, so quite a drive! Where's your breeder? We'll need to compare notes when we get our pups!
Ah, cross country birthday twins then! My breeder lives in Redlands, California, which is a couple hours east of Los Angeles, and I’ll be bringing him home to San Diego. We will definitely need to compare notes, it’ll be fun to see them grow together!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I got my pup last week. My breeder graciously offered to drive my pup to me and deliver him to me, about a 2 1/2 hr drive. I was thrilled at her offer and happy that I would be fresh and rested when he arrived. Since it was so close to Valentines Day I gave her a box of See's candy and a Valentine card with $$ in it. 💗

·
Registered
106 Posts
I covered all my bases with gifts and kinda went all out, but I think I'm the outlier. Ours was a bring-home on New Year's Eve puppy, so I leaned into the holiday. For the breeder, we delivered Sprinkles cupcakes (very overpriced but trendy California bakery) and for her pack, I went to a local dog bakery and picked up a couple of peanut butter pupcakes and a dozen macaron-looking cheese cookies.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the breeder is a woman, then you can give her flowers. All women love flowers, and therefore it will be nice to receive a bouquet of flowers as a thank you.

·
the party's crashing us
4,320 Posts
Mikey is not wrong LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts