Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Penny is on again/off again when it comes to vegetables...except for green beans. Every time I'm at the cutting board, she's at my side looking for a handout of something good.

I was cutting up broccoli for a snack for myself and of course: there she is. So, I give her a bit of broccoli. She sniffs, turns her nose and nuh-uh, want no part of that! I take a piece and eat it, chewing saying yum, yum this is so delicious. Then I eat another piece and then another. By now she is positively drooling and can't stand it. I give her another piece. In a heartbeat she chews it up and swallows it. Then she sits pretty, begging for more. She ate 4 pieces by the time I was finished.

I've always said if we ate dirt off our plates, they'd have some of that too!

Funny creatures!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is too funny. My pups are the same way.

·
Registered
274 Posts
For some reason, Pochi likes carrots....

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Now see Tinkerbell loves broccoli, in fact she had broccoli for dinner tonight. She'll eat almost any veggie, including radishes. We make jokes about having a vegetarian dog.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
We like to give Molson some frozen veggies (gr beans, carrots, corn). They make good training treats cause they're so small. Usually we throw them up for him to catch in the air.

His favourite is fresh green beans and carrots - which he chows down like a starving reindeer :)

The only thing he hasn't liked so far was celery (borrrring!). I couldn't trick him to eat it, either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts