Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, solve one issue, create a new one...

We have successfully trained Kona to pee on a small patch of artificial turf, which simply sits on concrete in our side yard and allows the urine to flow into a drain.

But...

I have noted that the area is starting to smell of urine, even though we wash it down. To make matters worse, this side yard is right outside our neighbor's kitchen window. We're on good terms, but I can't imagine this is a good thing.

I've been looking at various solutions (literally) for addressing the smell. Some include bleach, some white vinegar, others baking soda, etc. Any help from the forum (especially if you have similar scenarios, urine on concrete)? I can, if needed, periodically replace the patch of artificial turf, but it'd be nice if I could treat/save the turf for a bit.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
yeah i was wondering about that as most artificial turf starts to smell especially if its hot and sunny. Will washing it immediately after Kona goes help? i think baking soda would help, maybe rinse the turf and then sprinkle baking soda over it.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,683 Posts
There is a cleaner called OdoBan that is pet safe that might work.
It neutralizes odors and disinfects. It's an American Made product, you can buy it at Home Depot, Sam's Club, Walmart, Amazon and several hardware stores.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've had success with OxyClean on carpet where my bil's toy poodle stained. It remove the stains and odours.

·
Registered
589 Posts
We used Simple Green when we had a potty mat for Maggie. Of course, we get so much rain here it was washed almost daily :)
Jules

1 - 5 of 5 Posts