Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited, i have picked out my new puppy and will get her in about two weeks. I have never had a golden retriever before and wanted one for years! I am trying to think of a name for her, any good suggestions? I was wondering what type of grooming tools I will need for her, never had a longhaired dog before. I was looking at petsmart and there was tons of different things, hard and soft slicker brushes, combs, undercoat rake, and i forget what else, don't know what all golden retriever fur would need? I have already got collar, leash, toys, bed and so on, mainly now just need puppy, food, and grooming supplies lol. Any suggestions on that would be great! Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
She's a doll. Congratulations.

Just get a simple metal comb and soft pin brush for now. She doesn't need a lot of grooming yet but start slow and keep it short - you just want her to get used to the idea. Touch her ears, feet, tail gently so she becomes used to you touching her. Remember she is just a baby so go easy and soon you will have a bond that is the most beautiful experience you will ever have.

I am so happy for you. :)

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Congratulations, she is sooo sweet.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,722 Posts
What a little cutie.

Reactions: goldielover

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the help i found some brushes on clearance today at walmart, i got a pin brush and i went ahead and got an undercoat rake for later since they were marked down, also got her 3 toys :). Later on when i got her a slicker brush should i get soft or hard? I really don't get the difference?They had some cool ones at petsmart that were easy to clean.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I don't use slicker brushes, I just don't like them. I would think a soft one, you don't want to scratch. Between the rake, comb and pin brush I get the grooming done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts