Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally decided it was the right time to get Cooper a brother. Cooper just turned a year old in November and he is so lonely and so desperate for a playmate. I have pet rabbits (indoors and littertrained) and he lays down to snuggle with them. We figured now was as good of a time as any.

Ilene Cook of Asoro's Goldens had a litter born in October and we were able to get one of her males. There are only two in the litter so they are big boys! They will be 6 weeks tomorrow and she will be able to tell us which one she thinks will fit best with our family. They are both so handsome and so sweet! Our little man will come home with us Dec. 18th. What a great Christmas present for us and for Cooper!

Here is the pedigree:
http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=140756
http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=191119
http://www.asoros.com/annie.htm

We went down last weekend and had so much fun visiting. Here is a video I took. They are only 5 weeks here but such big boys!

The video works best if you pause it and let it load for a few seconds, then hit play. I will post some pics soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50DZfB3is3c

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures

Here are some pics of our boy (the first two are of mom, Annie, and dad, Ike. The pups are 5 weeks in the pics. There is nothing to brighten your day like a visit with Golden puppies :)

Attachments

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats. Cooper will be getting a wonderful Christmas brother.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I think BIG Whoots! are in order. Congratulations on the soon to be new arrival. He is precious. Make sure you take lots of pictures and share them here.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Oh they are BOTH so CUTE!! Either one would be PERFECT! Congratulations on your new baby!!:) Mom and Dad are Beautiful too!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Congrats on the new baby. They are so cute and fuzzy. Nice looking parents.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm so excited and cannot contain it. The breeder has picked our boy for us with a behavior test. He is the smaller one of the two and the one sleeping in the last picture.

I do have a question for all of you though. The breeder wants us to continue feeding the pup Pro Plan adult dog food. What do you all of you think of that? According to Illene adult dog food keeps the pup from growing too fast. We fed Coop large breed dog food and I thought that was a slow growth forumula as well.

Anyway please let me know.

·
Premium Member
16,438 Posts
Looking quickly, that pedigree looks like a line breeding on Hobo. I am jealous lol, and think your pup will be so pretty with lots of energy and charming look-at-me 'tude(which i LOVE).

Although I don't feed pro plan, I do think many breeders swear by the puppy and then the premium performance (not the one with soy) including several on the forum.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking quickly, that pedigree looks like a line breeding on Hobo. I am jealous lol, and think your pup will be so pretty with lots of energy and charming look-at-me 'tude(which i LOVE).

Although I don't feed pro plan, I do think many breeders swear by the puppy and then the premium performance (not the one with soy) including several on the forum.
Thank you we are very happy :). I guess my question has more to do with feeding a puppy adult food instead of puppy food (large breed). Is this a common reguest from breeders? Also were we wrong to feed our other boy the large breed puppy instead of adult dog food?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Do not have the answer to the question about food. Just saw the thread and wanted to say congratulations! Can not wait to see more pictures of the pup!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Very excited for you. Adding a 2nd puppy was the best thing we ever did. Ours get along great & actually make things easier for me because they bug me less & play with each other more. Potty training was a breeze as the little one fo;;ows the older one outside.

They do look like littel chunky monkies. Ours thinned out quick with all the playing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What beautiful little puppies! Does your new pup have a name yet?
Naming is so difficult. We are thinking it’s between Charlie, Winston, and Connor.

Very excited for you. Adding a 2nd puppy was the best thing we ever did. Ours get along great & actually make things easier for me because they bug me less & play with each other more. Potty training was a breeze as the little one fo;;ows the older one outside.

They do look like littel chunky monkies. Ours thinned out quick with all the playing.
We really hope Cooper and him become fast friends. Coop really needs a buddy, he is one of those that literally has to be touching you or near you at all times. I think it breaks his heart every day we leave.

I love the "chunky monkies" response, they seem to be really big for their age. Illene said they would be huge when we pick them up, close to 20lbs. Hope they still look like puppies.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Our little man is finally home! I have lots of pictures. Cooper and the pup are getting along great. We let them meet in the backyard and they played in the snow together. The new pup is pretty confident and Cooper is very excited to have a playmate. We have been giving the pup plenty of breaks to nap in his crate while we love on Cooper. Cooper has shown him how to go to the bathroom outside and everything. So far, so good!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts