Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any tips for getting cat pee out of a mattress?

My friend was watching someone's cat and apparently it decided to pee in her bed.

Thanks in advance!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
LOTS of natures miracle....

·
Kate
21,679 Posts
If dog pee that just happened, I was going to say Urine Gone sprayed on before the pee soaked in and set. <- I've done that before with my Jacks who had a thyroid related dribbling issue that's thankfully cleared up.

Cat pee that's set in? New mattress.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Don't use hot water!!!!!!!!!!
Use cold water and. An enzymatic cleaner. Natures miracle really doesn't work on cat pee. if it were summer or warmer I would do the enzyme and let the sunlight do the drying. Try the enzymatic cleaner. But don't be surprised if the matress has to be replaced!!!!!!!!
Beth, moose and angel

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I bought this stuff called "Stink Free" that worked pretty well to get cat pee smell out of carpet. My friend recommended it to me, she used it after her cat went insane and peed all over her apt when her roommate moved out. Just soak where ever they peed well with it and let it dry for a few days.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
also, definitely get a waterproof mattress pad to avoid future mattress problems!

Reactions: musicgirl

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
also, definitely get a waterproof mattress pad to avoid future mattress problems!
We keep waterproof mattress covers on all the beds because of the pets and grandkids. You never know when some one/thing decides to pee or spill something.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Years ago when my ancient Siamese peed on a couch cushion, no one would professionally clean it. The professionals told me to use equal parts of white vinegar and water, which I did. I actually injected it into the cushion. Then put ii out to dry. I also sprinkled the cushion with baking soda.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts