Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yay me! I've always dreamed of having two large dogs. I finally convinced hubby that it would be a great idea to get a male. He has finally agreed, but I need to get Bailey straightened out first before we do so. I'm enrolling her into obedience class this week. She's awesome with the commands, I'd just like her to get around other people and dogs.

I will take my time looking for the right one to come along. I'm so excited to finally get a dog and hopefully he will be a lap dog. I would love a dog who needs me and not so independant.

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Wow!! That's great news!! Good idea about taking time. Too bad we are so far away - a lot of people would shake their heads at me saying this - but Max's mom and dad make fantastically tempermented boys IMO. :D I think the trick is to really get to know the mom and dad as well as finding a breeder you trust. It might not be a bad idea to consider rescuing a young golden male that is past the nipping stage and old enough to really understand his temperment. That is the way I am going with my next dog. Congrats and best of luck with Bailey and getting your boy!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
How fun! We just added a male rescue to our house. He gets along really well with Leila. We have to reign her in when she is still playing and he's tired and wants to sleep. We haven't had him long and so far he's been pretty attached to me. Wherever I am he will lie down at my feet or want in my lap. Leila always wanted her space so it's nice that he's so cuddly. Good luck!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is wonderful news. Congratulations on talking hubby into the puppy. Good luck with the obedience classes with Bailey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts