Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi :wave:
Rose has been with us now for over a week and has brought us lots of fun ,she is getting lots of walks and attention, she is relatively obedient except when off the lead it takes her a while to come back ,any ideas on what to do .? Plus she has no interest in fetching a ball ,how can I get her to fetch the ball ,bearing in mind she is 6....oh and she is off to the vet for a check up ,more to follow

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hi there, Just reading this thread for the first time today, it sounds as though Rosie has won the Lotto and your family too. And you where totally correct about her picking up on your sons calm energy and yours as well ( the apple does not fall far from the tree). Please post some pic's of Rosie she sounds like a real sweetheart. Teaching recall consistency and patience are key, keep working with her it will come.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey gang

I think Rosie may be in season or on heat ,how long does it normally last , and should I get her spayed she is leaving tiny drops of blood on the floor any info will be great thanks

Matt

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
A dog's heat cycle can last three weeks to a month - make sure she doesn't have any 'visitors'. Spaying is not usually done during a heat cycle as it can be a little more risky for the dog. Suggest you contact your vet for advice on when to spay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi there
Back from the vet Rosie is in good health ,a little under weight but nothing to be concerned about , a good thing really as we intend on getting her spayed , one thing I need advice on is at feeding time she just tends to graze ,never eats the lot , is always returning to her food she gets 2 walks a day but is quite content to sleep all the time ....
Any ideas ?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts