Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

How many days was your girl pregnant (from ovulate date to whelping)

• 59 days or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60 days

• 61 days

• 62 days

• 64 days

• 66 days or more

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I have a simple question, it seems I've read conflicting answers. My girl has reached 63rd day in her pregnancy as of today! But... 63 days from what? My vet explained we count gestation from the date of ovulation. (This is how we have arrived at day 63 for today.) However, I keep reading all over online that people are counting from the day of a successful tie. So which is it? Ovulation day or tie? If we count from tie (only happened once), she is only on day 61!

For those of you who have had litters, what day do you count from? And how long was gestation for your girl (I prefer the the term girl over bitch, i know....spoiled...)?

We are ready for the big event, as ready as we can be (thanks to this awesome forum). My girl on the other hand is not showing signs yet... (besides the typically pregnancy signs).

Thank you all for your time!!! :)

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,599 Posts
There is a bit of wiggle room between the time of ovulation and the time in which the female will stand for the male. How much? Nobody knows, and it varies from litter to litter and bitch to bitch.

She'll start the delivery process when she's decided she's ready.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 'grumpy old man'! :) She is still waiting to meet her pups! She has been nesting all day. She is very restless and looks annoyed. She actually started digging a hole this afternoon in the backyard and she NEVER digs! I'm sure it will be go time at midnight or 4am :) We are calling today day 64.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts