Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there folks!
I found the link to this site whilst on another golden retriever forum, and being a lover of all things Golden I just had to join up!!!

I live about 2 hours out of the city of Brisbane, in the state of Queensland, Australia.

I have 2 goldens that I love dearly. Jessie is 3 years old, and Shadow turned 1 in January this year. They sure get up to mischief at times, but I love coming home to be greeted by their wagging tails, licks and presentation of gifts....be it a rock, old bone, or ripped apart woobie!!

I'm a registered nurse by profession, I work part time in the Recovery section of the hospital.

I can see there's a few Aussie's on this forum which is great, because I'm the only Aussie on the other forum I belong to.
I'll attempt to post a picture of my fur babies on here.

Shadow should be the first one, with his head hanging out the car window.
Jessie is the second one.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there Meggie's Mum!! Great to see you again also!!

For the others, Meggie's mum and I live only about 30minutes from each other, and my Jessie is related to one of Meggie's goldens......I think they are cousins.

Small world eh?

Have a nice mothers day today Meggie's Mum!!

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
GoldenAussie, please post some more pictures, your Goldens are really gorgeous.
And I wanted to add warm hello and welcome to all of you guys, from Canada.
Joe

PS. Post more pictures, I want to see your dogs guys :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks very much Joe. More pictures you say......well here goes, I'll post a few here, and some on your photo gallery.
This first pic is of Jessie [on the left], and Shadow taken at the beach earlier this year.
The next picture is also at the beach, Jessie on the right this time!

We went to a place a couple of hours from here, and it is literally mile after mile after mile of beach.....Jessie and Shadow had a ball!!!!

Then theres a picture of Shadow by himself, a lovely portrait shot!

The last picture is of Shadow hanging 10, or is it 20 on the boogie board at the beach. He'd swim up to you, and with help clamber on the board where he'd dig in his paws and claws and hang on for grim death. When a little wave would come in, we'd gently push him in and he'd ride the wave into shore.....lol

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and heres a few more pictures......These are all Jessie snaps.
She was a mothers day gift from my partner a few years back, 2002.
It was Mothers day afternoon and I was having a nap when my partner came in and said we were going for a drive. I had to be coaxed, and my suspicions were aroused when I noticed the kids all had big grins on their faces.
He wouldn't say where we were going, and eventually we stopped at a house and as we walked into the back yard there was a woman there with 3 adult goldens around her. Just behind her was a fenced off pen, and in that pen........Golden retriever puppies!!!!!
I turned to my partner, who smiled and said that one of the puppies was for me, all I had to do was choose one. At that stage they were only 5 weeks old, so I had a 3 week wait ahead. I was like a kid in a candy store, sitting down amongest all these gorgeous, cuddly, licking, nibbling bundles of golden fur!!
I picked Jessie cos she seemed to just nestle into my arms and snuggle in.......
I love her dearly!
First pic is of her as a puppy, the day I brought her home.
The next 2 are more recent ones, taken only last month.

I call her my boobala, my Jessie Jane, my bubbies.......she's my golden girl for sure!!

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thought I'd better post a few pics of Shadow as well!!
When Jessie was nearly 2, I decided I just had to have a male Golden as well. When I rang Jessie's breeder, she told me of another lady who'd just had a litter of puppies born, and the father of them was the male belonging to Jessie's breeder.

So we drove the almost 2 hours to visit with this lady, and I fell in love once more with these little golden sausages! LOL, cos thats what they looked like at not quite 2 weeks of age!

Shadow came into our household at the time of my birthday last year, and from being a little bundle of fluff, he's grown into a very big boy indeed! He's still all legs and clumsiness at times, and I often call him a doofus! But he has the sweetest nature and is very affectionate.
He towers over my Jessie, and is full of beans.........
I love to watch the 2 of them playing together, they give me so much pleasure.

First pic is of Shadow as a fuzzball of 8 weeks of age.
Then theres one of him with his Dad, cuddled up on the bed together!
I think this next one is so cute of him snarling at Jessie when they were fighting one day. Jessie was sooooo scared.....NOT!! LOL
The last one is of Shadow at 4 months of age, just growing out of his puppy face and coat.

I think that's enough pictures for today..........

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hello from Queensland, Australia

Hi, I'm Lorraine, mum to 13mo Jemma & a 14yo daughter & 11yo son. Just wanted to say g'day to all the other aussies here & a word of warning to the Tassies & sandgropers, look out, the Irish Dancing community are descending on your capital cities starting with Perth (07) & Hobart (08). Throw down the welcome mat, guys.

cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts