Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have been lurking for a few and this is a GREAT board you guys have. So much wonderful info. Quick about me I guess. Never had a house dog before. My best friend kept brining his Lab’s over, my little boys loved them, and well I got a soft spot for them too… So I kept thinking about if it was the right time to get a dog. My fav, fav dog ever was my uncle’s dog Sam. Sam was ½ Golden ½ Irish Setter. So I knew I would want a Golden as I have always thought they were the most beautiful dogs. And I kept looking at puppies on the internet :p No good that was. I had a lot of you don’t need a dog talks with myself. But I kept reading and researching too, and looking at those stinkin puppy pics. But ya know what. I am an adult, own a big house, with a fenced yard, right next door to a park, and we pretty much live outside and are a super active family with 9, 7, and 4 year old boys so YES it was time to get a dog. So back to the pups for sale I went. Golden’s for sure. Kind of had it in my head that I wanted a male, I wanted him more cream than gold, and I would most likely name him Marley. And it was just meant to be. Because my Marley was a male, he was more cream, and was already named Marley. Plus the breeder was the nicest lady ever. He came from love and good genes and is just the bestest dog :)

Oh he is 16 weeks today, we got him when he was 10 weeks. And a MONSTER pup. 42 lbs – 19”

So geeze. Now my games ? huh :p I have been training and he loves it, is super smart and is doing great. Sit, stay, come… Great on walks. Pretty much totally potty trained too. Doesn’t chew on furniture. Getting better with mouthing. I would take some credit for the good pup but he is just a good pup. Plus I had no clue what I was doing so the real credit goes to the best friend with the Labs and Mrs. Victoria Stilwell from Animal Planet. I really do like her positive approach to training. But anywho GAMES! I have come up with one where we sit, stay, then I hide a treat under one of his stuffed animals and tell him to “FIND”. He loves it. So I need some more ideas. I tried the cup game sort of doing the same deal but he just ran off with the cup and could care less about the treat. So what games you have found that your pups enjoy?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts