Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning as I was taking my Callie girl out for her morning walk, she saw another dog, got excited and ran towards it, I was unaware of the situation, and she jerked the retractable leash out of my hand. The leash hit the sidewalk, making a loud noise, spooking her, and causing her to take off running. She never stopped, and continued to run out of my apartment complex into a nearby neighborhood, where I last saw her run between two houses. She still has her retractable leash attached to her pink collar, has an ID tag with her name, CALLIE, my address and my phone number, as well as a proof of rabies vaccination. She is microchipped with HomeAgain with ID# 494B10184E. She was also recently spayed about 3 weeks ago, so her belly is shaved as well as a section of her (i think its her right) paw. She still has a bit of the incision showing on her belly as well. She rubbed her nose on the ground when she got bored one day, so there is a small pink spot on her nose as well. She is easily spooked and quite skittish around loud noises, but is VERY friendly and loves other dogs. She is a little over a year old, and weighs about 50lbs.

She was last seen off of NW 39th Avenue and NW 51st, by the 4Marta Apartments and Lake Crossing Apartments, back in the neighborhood on NW 51st Dr. I believe it is called Huntington Lakes. There are quite a bit of woods back there, and I was wondering if anyone is aware of any tracking dogs in the Gainesville or Ocala area, that would be willing to help me find my baby girl? She was just lost around 7AM this morning, so it was only 2 short hours ago... Please please please help me!!!

Katelyn - (832) 858-5698

Attachments

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Oh Kate my heart fell when I heard your voice this morning. I'm so sorry. Please do contact Anney and see if she can help or knows anyone who can. We will all do everything we can to try to help get your beautiful baby back home!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
My sister's kids live in Gainsville...I forwarded this link to her.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I am so sorry your Callie ran away. She is beautiful and I will keep you in my prayers to find her soon. How absolutely heartbreaking.

Do you know anyone with a friendly dog who could go with you to look for her? She might come to visit the other dog.

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Do you have any family around to help? Call Animal Control and give them a heads up right away. Then get out there with posters and drive around and look. If it's only been an hour and a half, she is probably trying to find her way home. Good luck!

·
18,122 Posts
Callie is still missing! Can anyone get a hold of ANNEY and see if her dog could help? I think he tracks. Or she knows anyone up there? She is K9_Design on this forum.

If my mom can watch the baby I plan to drive up there tomorrow and help look if she is not home yet! Please, if ANYONE can help look or contact anyone in the area- let us know!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this. If you want to give me a list of numbers I will be more than happy to make calls. Or any other help I can do from here, please let me know! I sure hope she finds her way home soon!

·
18,122 Posts
Can we try to find out about tracking dogs? Traps? I am afraid she could be tangled and caught in the woods since she had on a flexi leash.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
OMG.... I hate reading this. Many prayers coming from our house that she is found and home safe and sound soon.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
This morning as I was taking my Callie girl out for her morning walk, she saw another dog, got excited and ran towards it, I was unaware of the situation, and she jerked the retractable leash out of my hand. The leash hit the sidewalk, making a loud noise, spooking her, and causing her to take off running. She never stopped, and continued to run out of my apartment complex into a nearby neighborhood, where I last saw her run between two houses. She still has her retractable leash attached to her pink collar, has an ID tag with her name, CALLIE, my address and my phone number, as well as a proof of rabies vaccination. She is microchipped with HomeAgain with ID# 494B10184E. She was also recently spayed about 3 weeks ago, so her belly is shaved as well as a section of her (i think its her right) paw. She still has a bit of the incision showing on her belly as well. She rubbed her nose on the ground when she got bored one day, so there is a small pink spot on her nose as well. She is easily spooked and quite skittish around loud noises, but is VERY friendly and loves other dogs. She is a little over a year old, and weighs about 50lbs.

She was last seen off of NW 39th Avenue and NW 51st, by the 4Marta Apartments and Lake Crossing Apartments, back in the neighborhood on NW 51st Dr. I believe it is called Huntington Lakes. There are quite a bit of woods back there, and I was wondering if anyone is aware of any tracking dogs in the Gainesville or Ocala area, that would be willing to help me find my baby girl? She was just lost around 7AM this morning, so it was only 2 short hours ago... Please please please help me!!!

Katelyn - (832) 858-5698
Permission to crosspost? On occasion, I can post items such as this, but it is off topic, to a special Florida Golden Retriever list that I manage--I can make RARE exceptions for OT postings and will do so, upon approval by the OP. Please advise.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rappwizard- please do! I would appreciate all the help I can get! Still no word from anyone about Callie and I have driven around every single neighborhood in a 2 mile radius and hung waay too many posters. Although in my opinion, there couldn't be enough. I walked through the original neighborhood where she was last seen about 4-5 times already and have trekked through about 2 miles of woods/swamp to try to find her. No sign of her whatsoever :( Called animal services, the local shelters, and every vet I could find in the local area as well.

I'm not giving up! Thank you for all your help and support!

·
18,122 Posts
I wonder if someone picked her up or even stole her. I'd guess she's hiding in the woods or up under someone's deck or something. We need a sniffer dog! Karen might have ideas, she should sign on soon!

·
18,122 Posts
Florida

LUTZ (Tampa), FL: Angelica Steinker - (813) 787-0034, www.courteouscanine.com, email [email protected]. Angelica is a certified MAR Technician and dog trainer. Although she does not work a MAR search dog at this time, Angelica is willing to help pet owner/guardians search for lost pets in her community. Angelica is available for phone consultations, e-mail consultations, poster placements, physical searches, and shelter checks within her immediate area.

·
18,122 Posts
Just contacted the dog club there, found their site, and asked for any help finding a tracker dog, and to call me day or night with any info.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts