Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'm Jane, owned by Midas
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This beautiful girl is at Floyd County Animal Control:

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15154284

NO NUMBER WAS ASSIGNED TO ME ON 11.20-- THIS IS A COURTESY POSTING. I'm @ Floyd County Animal Control, NOT @ this HUMANE SOCIETY! Come get me-FAST! [FYI, Sometimes the gender is wrong on my i.d. card. The posters do the best they can]. Come to Floyd County Animal Control, 431 Mathis Rd., Rome, GA 30161. By law, I must be held for 3 days before adoption or euthanization. My time may be up ?

Please come adopt me from 10:00- 6:00pm daily *EXCEPT WEDNESDAYS*- Wednesdays are CLOSED. Open, too, every SATURDAY + SUNDAY from 1:00-5:00. CALL 706.236.4545. Rescue Groups: Please see the NEW policy FOR RESCUES @ www.floydcountyga.org/animalcontrol. This rural shelter is humane, but unfortunately must make room constantly for too many incoming pets. They have vast numbers of new pets surrendered daily. Thank you.

For some reason, I can't get her picture to display, but I have attached it. I am contacting AGA, GRRA, and Atlanta Dog Squad for her tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
did anyone check her against the golden 11 month old that was missing in n.c.?
just wanted to ask
beth, moose and angel

·
Super Moderator Leader
52,742 Posts
GA Golden Girl

This beautiful girl is at Floyd County Animal Control:

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15154284

NO NUMBER WAS ASSIGNED TO ME ON 11.20-- THIS IS A COURTESY POSTING. I'm @ Floyd County Animal Control, NOT @ this HUMANE SOCIETY! Come get me-FAST! [FYI, Sometimes the gender is wrong on my i.d. card. The posters do the best they can]. Come to Floyd County Animal Control, 431 Mathis Rd., Rome, GA 30161. By law, I must be held for 3 days before adoption or euthanization. My time may be up ?

Please come adopt me from 10:00- 6:00pm daily *EXCEPT WEDNESDAYS*- Wednesdays are CLOSED. Open, too, every SATURDAY + SUNDAY from 1:00-5:00. CALL 706.236.4545. Rescue Groups: Please see the NEW policy FOR RESCUES @ www.floydcountyga.org/animalcontrol. This rural shelter is humane, but unfortunately must make room constantly for too many incoming pets. They have vast numbers of new pets surrendered daily. Thank you.

For some reason, I can't get her picture to display, but I have attached it. I am contacting AGA, GRRA, and Atlanta Dog Squad for her tonight.

Have you contacted the GA Golden Rescues?

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
She does slightly resemble Roxie. Might be worth checking?

She is a beauty. I'll foster her if rescue does not.

·
I'm Jane, owned by Midas
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you contacted the GA Golden Rescues?
I e-mailed her information to AGA, GRRA, and Atlanta Dog Squad last night.

I'm worried about her - I gather from SGD that Floyd is very hard to work with - especially for out of state adopters and rescues.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Is Roxie chipped ?

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Have the rescues been emld?

Have the rescues been emld.???

I thought Roxie too when I saw her pic.
That would be a long way away.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
She's still on petfinder. I'll call tomorrow and see if they would allow an out of state "personal" adoption.:)
If a little white lie is necessary, then so be it.;) If ACC can foster or find her a home and no one else steps forward, we'll get this pup out of that shelter and on her way to a good life.

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
I have homes waiting. Certainly we need not let her die. I have heard this shelter really sucks. Could you "adopt" her?

·
I'm Jane, owned by Midas
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Be persistent with calling - I hear they are not good about returning calls. A poster on SGD who had been working for months to rescue dogs from Floyd posted this recently:

They euth a puppy on Wed. that a lady called about at 7:30 am. They did not call her back.

and this:

Unless you speak to April or Jason, you can be 100% assured the message will not be passed on. Speak only to them.

Good luck - I'd love to see this girl get out. And, I also have heard this is not a nice place for any animal to be.

BTW - no response from any of the rescues I contacted. :(

·
Super Moderator Leader
52,742 Posts
I contacted both the GA Golden Rescues-I had a reply from GRRA-they are aware of all three Goldens in this shelter-I sent pics and the listings to both groups. GRRA replied saying they are working on them, but no definite information as to any being pulled yet.

I spoke with a shelter staff member yesterday by phone-she said the golden female will be available on Tues. 11/24 after 10 a.m.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
This pup has been removed from petfinder.
Since today was the first day she was available, I am sure someone was waiting to grab her.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts