Buddy #096830
Golden Retriever [Mix]

Medium
Adult
Male
Dog
Pet ID: 096830

More About Buddy #096830

I am a sweet guy. My owner turned me into Animal Control because they were moving. I am very gentle and would love to be a new addition to your family. Please help me get out of here through the front door! I am available now and will have until 10-26-09! All animals adopted from Clayton Co Animal Control must be spayed or neutered within 30 days of adoption. A low cost spay/neuter certificate will be issued to adopting families at the time of adoption. Rescues please have copy of Dept. of Aug. license and permission form if you are sending someone other than the license holder, also picture I.D. All animals posted are at risk to be euthanized at any time due to overcrowding under severe circumstances. All animals are considered urgent after their available date has passed. Please call or come in....Thank you.....

My Contact Info

And, this guy is at Athens:

http://www.athenspets.net/?p=3528

Watson – 29231

Available!
Watson

• Breed: Labrador Retriever / Golden Retriever Mix
  • Impound Date: 10/23/09
  • Ledger #: 29231
  • Weight: 62 pounds
Why choose me?

Watson is a GORGEOUS dog. He is currently a bit underweight but other than that he seems to be in wonderful shape. He has a clean coat and well-groomed nails. The only thing that seems to be wrong with Watson right now is that he’s really sad. He has no idea why he’s here and definitely seems to be missing someone. He’s not wearing a collar or any form of ID, so he may not be reunited with his family. If that’s the case, he needs a new one to cheer him up! Retrievers make wonderful family pets and I see no reason why Watson wouldn’t make a family very happy. He’s very laid back and has wonderful leash manners. I could see him being happy snuggled in a doggie bed in front a fire after enjoying an after-dinner walk around the neighborhood with the family. If you’d like to be Watson’s new family, hurry out to animal control to meet him. Even if he’s not the dog for you, he’s well worth the visit.
Interested in adopting? Adoption Procedure
This is not an official web site of Athens-Clarke County. For additional information on a dog please contact the shelter at 706-613-3540.

Per the comments on athenspets.net, it looks like Watson has someone interested in adopting him.

I sent their information to AGA, GRRA, and Atlanta Dog Squad.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Spartan Mom

Spartan Mom:

It is so wonderful to have someone say they've contacted the rescues in the state. I appreciate EVERYONE who does this.

Kimm has always asked: Were the rescues emld.? and I have to agree with
her that should be the first thing someone does after posting a dog here. Also, posting their picture as well REALLY HELPS people notice!!
It may take 5-10 mins., but you MAY SAVE A LIFE!

·
I'm Jane, owned by Midas
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spartan Mom:

It is so wonderful to have someone say they've contacted the rescues in the state. I appreciate EVERYONE who does this.

Kimm has always asked: Were the rescues emld.? and I have to agree with
her that should be the first thing someone does after posting a dog here. Also, posting their picture as well REALLY HELPS people notice!!
It may take 5-10 mins., but you MAY SAVE A LIFE!
Karen, you and Kimm taught me well. I remember after I first posted a golden in this forum, you two walked me through where to find the GR rescue list and what to include in my e-mails. I can't do much more than post or e-mail, but I know it helps!

·
I'm Jane, owned by Midas
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Watson has been adopted - yeah!

But, the girl with no name is still listed at Butts, and Buddy is still listed at Clayton. I have already contacted AGA, GRRA, and Atlanta Dog Squad, with no response. Anyone have any more suggestions?

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
I also contacted AGA regarding Buddy at Clayton--they are unable to take mixes at this time.

·
I'm Jane, owned by Midas
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also contacted AGA regarding Buddy at Clayton--they are unable to take mixes at this time.
I was thinking that was probably the case, since they usually try to take the PB's and I know both AGA and GRRA were getting full. I believe that Atlanta Dog Squad is also pretty full. :(

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Spartan Mom

Spartan Mom and all. Thanks for saying Kimm and I taught you well to email rescues, because it really does save lives, otherwise, no help comes.
Even if one out of 20 dogs is saved, it means everything to that Dog!!!

Poor Buddy at Clayton and the No Name Girl at Butts. I got an email and Buddy is still on euth list.
Being a mix can stink. I don't think They will get out.:(:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts