Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little beauty is at Athens:

http://www.athenspets.net/?p=7416

Morgan – 29667

Available!

• Breed: Retriever Mix
  • Impound Date: 1/6
  • Ledger #: 29667
Morgan is listed as a Retriever mix but she looks like a purebred Golden Retriever to me. She has a beautiful and luxurious coat that begs to be brushed and rubbed. She has soulful eyes and is an all around gorgeous puppy. She is at a great age where she can still absorb new training quickly but out of the young puppy stage. Morgan could use a running partner to exhaust her energy so if she sounds like the perfect match, don’t hesitate to come apply for her.

Athens – Clarke County Animal Control
45 Beaverdam Ext.
Athens, Georgia 30605
706 613-3540

I'm guessing that she will be quite popular at the shelter, but I have notified the Georgia Golden Rescues about her.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Just wondering about the timing. Does a shelter start advertising an impounded dog for adoption immediately? Just think if someone had adopted the dog before her family was able to find her at that facility....

·
I'm Jane, owned by Midas
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as I know, most pounds have a stray hold - a period when the dogs are only available for the owners to reclaim. Athens has a 5 day stray hold and dogs aren't available for adoption until that time is up. In this case, Morgan came in on 1/6, so her stray hold wasn't up until tomorrow. I think they will take applications, but adoptions can't happen until after the stray hold.

Owner turn-ins are available immediately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts