Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there :)
I could make two threads, but since they are so much related, i put them into one.

plz don't laugh at my questions, i guess i should know, but ...

can a furminator be used too much on the dog?
and, after it has been used,
how can i get off the few hairs that are still laying on top of my goldenboys coat, or is it me who has used the furminator too little?

removing hair from furnitures and clothes is another story.
- anyone has tips?
I have tried the wet sponge, and the pet hair magnet..

they all seem to work, but how do i remove the hair from them afterwards? (especially sponge, which seemed to be more efective than pet hair magnet on my funiture.
but as i try to clean off the hair either with running water, or just use my hands, lol i get the dog hair all over me.

And as we speak of hair removal,
What kind of fabriks atract less doghair when it comes to clothes you wear?
- and do you guys vacuum your shoes to get the dog hairs out of them?

and a last question;
I am looking for a helper, to help me clean. i have found one, and she seems nice, but has a tiny bit of dog allergy. That worries me. She says it doesnt matter, but does anyone of you have experience with ppl who were "just a little alergic" but turned worse?

·
Registered
735 Posts
For the first question, I'm a Furminator fan, so I'd say just give it another swipe with the Furminator, or a curry comb, or whatever. You CAN overdo it, however, so don't bear down too hard. As for the other questions, I don't know.

·
Supreme Member
4,621 Posts
I could make two threads, but since they are so much related, i put them into one.

how can i get off the few hairs that are still laying on top of my goldenboys coat, or is it me who has used the furminator too little?

- anyone has tips?

they all seem to work, but how do i remove the hair from them afterwards? (especially sponge, which seemed to be more efective than pet hair magnet on my funiture.
but as i try to clean off the hair either with running water, or just use my hands, lol i get the dog hair all over me.

and a last question;
I am looking for a helper, to help me clean. i have found one, and she seems nice, but has a tiny bit of dog allergy. That worries me. She says it doesnt matter, but does anyone of you have experience with ppl who were "just a little alergic" but turned worse?
I have mixed feelings about the Furminator. I came close to buying one but a Groomer at Goldstock last year said she doesn't like it. I have heard mixed reviews.
Removing hair from furniture- Use a roller. As the paper gets filled with hair, tear it off and use another clean piece. This is excellent for clothing too. Dark colors attract hair. Wearing jeans doesn't seem to attact hair if they are blue and not black.
I don't vacuum my shoes. It never occured to me to do that.
I wouldn't rule out a cleaning person due to a bit of an allergy. If it is too much, he or she can give notice. I am glad she seems nice but how well will she clean? How much will she charge? Is she reliable? Etc!

·
Registered
110 Posts

- anyone has tips?

and a last question;
I liked the furminator, but Sammy still shed hairs! I mean everyday I passed it on him, and yet each day the furminator takes out hairs that turn out to be a small breed dog when put together..........

I can used the furminator and once he played in the park, I see hairs on top of his coat. I just take them out with my hands. The other poster answer your other questions, but I will still like to add "Don't wear Black!". :p: Trust me, your Golden hairs will be all over you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts