Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Simon & Shadow's Mom
860 Posts
AAARGH! So true!

I used to HATE it when people put their hands on my stomach without asking.

HELLO?????? This is still my personal space, so when I saw "to kill you", I laughed out loud!

Great post!

·
My real name is Sandy
2,375 Posts
I watch the Baby Show almost everyday---it just got addictive. I still don;t get it when they are interviewing the mom to be and dad is sitting next to her gazing at her belly while rubbing and rubbing. That just freaks me. Does he really think the baby can feel that (can they??) . Even tho I watch it I can't help but wonder why any mother would want all of the world to see her screaming her head off at such a personal moment. I just like to see the parents expression when they see the baby for the first time, even if they are having baby number 5. But why would they want all their family in the room when the birthing is going on??

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guy never touches my belly, well hardly ever. He figures he can see the kid soon enough! I wouldn't MIND if HE touched it sometimes... but yeah.

And NO ONE is going to be in that room with me except him and the midwife... I don't even want anyone else at the place, even outside! I can't imagine having a ton of people watching.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
That's cute. The thing I found worse than strangers touching my tummy is when someone touched it and kept his hand on my stomach while disputing my solid ultrasound proof that my baby is a boy. I think I really could of broken this guys hand at the moment if I wasn't on on the verge of a panic attack.

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW I do think they can feel your touch- but I don't think they know who is touching them when someone rubs your pregnant belly! Also they CAN definitely hear, so dad should talk to them... or at least around them. Studies show they recognize mom and dad's voices at birth.

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OMG Shelly that's just creepy and weird. People are freaks. I just love how people (MEN especially) love to tell me I "won't be able to handle natural birth" and "I won't be afraid of needles then" and stuff. Since men know SO much about birth, right? And they know so much more about ME than I do. What-EVER.

Pass the Reeses peanut butter cup icecream! (that's my new craze!)

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
BTW I do think they can feel your touch- but I don't think they know who is touching them when someone rubs your pregnant belly! Also they CAN definitely hear, so dad should talk to them... or at least around them. Studies show they recognize mom and dad's voices at birth.
Don't laugh....but, taking an empty paper towel roll and putting one end against your belly while Dad talks into the other end has amazing results. After birth, the newborn truly seems to recognize and calm at the sound of Dad talking.

I used to take the stereo headphones and put them on my belly.....in utero Eagles made for some somersaults:p:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I was 6 1/2 months pregnant with my 2nd when I saw Godsmack 6th row floor, even Sully smiled at me, huge as I was. My daughter loves hard rock now. Wonder if that had any influence... Around the same time, I tell you I was huge, some strange guy at a fair argued with me that I was going to go anyday. I'm like thanks, but I'm not due until November, thanks for pointing out how big I am...He wouldn't give up, until I walked away. After she was born I started Weight Watchers.:p:

I really liked the graph, very funny.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My guy never touches my belly, well hardly ever. He figures he can see the kid soon enough! I wouldn't MIND if HE touched it sometimes... but yeah.

And NO ONE is going to be in that room with me except him and the midwife... I don't even want anyone else at the place, even outside! I can't imagine having a ton of people watching.

Me neither... when my son was born (more years ago than I'd care to admit) I didn't want anyone in the room. If I'd had any idea my parents were sitting right outside the door where they could hear everything I'd have sent them away!!! It was a really long labor (epidural too soon slowed contractions!) and when the moment finally came and the nurse wheeled in this big mirror the size of a bulletin board "so you can SEE everything that's happening" I was like .... 'take that !*&^%$ away, there's nothing there I want to SEE!!'

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
and when the moment finally came and the nurse wheeled in this big mirror the size of a bulletin board "so you can SEE everything that's happening" I was like .... 'take that !*&^%$ away, there's nothing there I want to SEE!!'

Oh geez, I wouldn't want to see that either... yikes!! Ugh I'm never having kids LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts